I ordered the "Bombay Curry" being an avid fan of Indian food I thought this was safe to order. When it arrived at the table I noticed it was chuck full of mushrooms, water chestnuts, snow peas and onion. I am allergic to mushrooms and I alerted the server who is also the manager of this. She got a bit rude and seemed annoyed with me and took it away, not before telling me she brought me what I ordered! and I pointed out to her that in the menu description it only says "chicken in curry sauce". She took it back and I just sat there thinking she was going to bring me my order without mushrooms. I called her over after a long while and she said she would bring me the check and next time to let them know I'm allergic to mushrooms... how was I to know that they put mushrooms in it? I have eaten Indian food all over the US and Europe and never found 1 mushroom. She brought me my check and yes.... the curry was there all $8.95 of it. I called her over once again and I told her she was to do one of 2 things, 1 take it off the check or 2 bring me my order without the mushrooms. She brought me back my order packed to go, and it was only 1/2 the container. When I asked as to why she said that was the portion and thats' it. I took it home and yes... you guessed it, although they went to great lenghths to remove the mushrooms they left 2 behind and I had to throw it out. The food is poor quality, they load the dishes up with vegetables and very little meat. The rice is bland, service is horrible they are not attentive at all. They are rude. Never again will I go there and I highly suggest you drive around the corner on Campbell Dr where there are other Chinese Restaurants and even Panda Cade is clean and efficient service. You can bet Peking House has stolen my last dollar as I will tell everyone of their horrible service and food
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.