WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Homestead
Homestead, Florida
“nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

i was on my way to key west, it was kind of late and tired. I stop at the inn of homestead for a over night stay. I was very much satified very comfortable bed and a very clean room. Had a great continental breakfast . Great hospitality!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank manuel0517

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

Made reservation by phone. When we arrived we were told we didn't have a reservation even though we had a confirmation number. The male owner was nice but his wife was very rude. We were told there were no rooms available but after she looked again she found onw. REALLY??? One of the reasons we made reservations here was the statement all rooms were renovated in Oct 2010. There was a hole in the wall of the shower covered buy duct tape. I have no idea what was renovated, the bathroom was very old & not very clean. Would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Pegnbart

Travelers are raving about these Homestead hotels

Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

On the way to the Keys, wife and stopped here because of the recent positive reviews + purported value.
After checking out two units ( the first shown was digusting and the second only slightly better), we were quoted a rate of $79. There were some very seedy characters hanging around with no shirt, droopy pants, and many tats.
We left and went to the Ramada for $89.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BigMcC10
homestead1, Manager at Inn Of Homestead, responded to this review, February 7, 2011
I am sorry that you got a bad impression from some of our guest. However I do remember when you asked me about them & I told you not to worry that they were OK, I am sorry that I did not elaborate telling you that 2 of the 3 so called seedy characters happened to be "Proud Members of the Military" on their second tour to Aphganistan to fight for our freedom, and were staying here with ther parents enjoying our pool and sunshine, which most people enjoy without a shirt. The tatoos and droppy pants are in "Style" a fad that I don't like myself, but I was tought not judge people just on looks, preferances or clothing style. The 3d shaddy character happens to be a "NUCLEAR" Engeneer temporarely working at nearby Turkey Point Nuclear Power Plant. I was not going to answer this review, and althoug everyone is entitled to their opinion, but since I remember excactly who these so called Seedy Characters were, it bothered me because they are risking theitr lives for our country.
rene
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

Me and my friends stopped for a nights rest coming from Orlando. The Inn was such a cosy, neat place. The rooms were clean, orderly and well-stocked. The price was totally reasonable for the night plus the front desk attendant even let us check out late for free!..(we overslept). Overall enjoyed our stay and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank rbarbie
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

On My way to Key West, I stopped to eat at Mario's Latin Cafe, which was excellent, After i pigged out, I got sleepy, & saw the hotel right there. Staff superfriendly and they gave me on of the recently remodeled rooms. I was impressed, very very clean & confortable, Great deal. I would recomend this hotel to anyone .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank renenunez
Adrian, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2009

When my wife and I decided to go to the Florida Keys and the Everglades for a couple of days, we immediatly new that it might be a little costly. At the time to look for a place to stay we pulled in to this small hotel because the landscaping looked nice and it looked clean. The young man at the front desk was very helpful and to my surprise we only paid $59 for each night. We enjoyed it so much with everything close by, stores and restaurants that we ended up staying the entire week. It was close to the Keys the employees were very friendly. I really liked the restaurant right by it and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank theat0m
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2008

My brother and I visited the Everglades Nat'l Park in May 2008 and wanted to stay in Homestead. We spotted this motel from the road. The pool looked nice, so we pulled in. Not knowing the nastiness that awaited, I just booked a room for the great price of $59.

A housekeeper was still cleaning when we got to the room. She gave us a funny look and said "They gave you this room!? Come in and take a look." We did, and found the tub to have a scary brown coating and one of the beds to be visibly slanted to one side. The nice housekeeper sweetly showed us two more rooms that she thought were a little nicer. Neither of which seemed much of an improvement. I advised the front desk person that the room were we assigned was filthy and asked if they had any nice,clean rooms. Fortunately, the fourth room we saw was adequately clean and the beds were comfortable. However, because I saw how dirty the other rooms were, I experienced a bit of uneasiness the whole night and even dreamed of bed bugs, which thankfully I did not actually observe.

Also, there was a funny, but disturbing sign in our bathroom. It warned that if you use towels for toilet paper, you would be charged an extra $5 per towel used this way. Its totally bizarre to me that people must have done this enough to warrant such a sign.

Don't stay here. I think Homestead is the kind of town where you should seek out the chain hotels. We stayed in the Days Inn the next night and were completely comfortable.

• Liked — I really don't have anything nice to say about this motel.
  • Disliked — It was the dirtiest motel I've ever been in.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank MTBeeZ
I am sorry that you had a bad experience here, however, since sept 2010 there are new owners and management and have done a lot of work and spent a ton of money trying to make this hotel the best in the area. Please visit our new web site so you can get an idea of what we have done to out hotel. And please, if in the area, come check us out, i'm confident that you will like what you see

sincerely

rene general manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homestead
Floridian Hotel
Home2 Suites by Hilton Florida City
Super 8 Florida City/Homestead
Super 8 Florida City/Homestead
#6 of 12 in Florida City

Been to Inn Of Homestead? Share your experiences!