“Great food”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
“Great food”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Never dined in, but their vaca frita is awesome. Not too cheap, but servings were good on the to go boxes.

Cobham, United Kingdom
“unpretentious brilliant food”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We held no high expectations but boy were we wrong. It looks nothing from the outside but it was so good we returned the next night! We would all highly recommend the Tostones Rellenos to start with which are like corn circles spread with bean paste and then really lean shredded beef called beef vaco frita on top (or chicken) cooked in tropical spices (but not spicy). it was so good i had the beef as a main course the next night. ALso highly recc the chicken pinchos (skewered chicken) masas de puerco ( really lean chunks of first grade pork with lovely sauce, ) and the stunning Congri (seasoned rice and black beans) and Maduras (sweet plantains) as sides. My husband even had the cuban fish sandwich on the second night and that was gerat too. Perfect friendly service from both lovely Spanish ladies whose English was much better than my Spanish and made us very welcome both nights I think the reviewwer who was put off by an unfriendly man may have been the man we encountered at the front desk earlier in the day when we were checking the menu - it isnt that he is rude it is just than his English is very poor so it makes him seem uncommunicative - but hey we are in a genuine cuban restaurant so it is us who should be embarrassed at not speaking much spanish! The ambience is upper end family - i.e. calm and unfussy. Very clean. It was one of the dining highlights of our trip when we ate out 30 times in different area of Florida!!! It even does breakfast!

“A alternative”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I like this place the service is not too.good 1 because the servers don't work together so its like ur not my table not my problem even though I have seem ppl sit and.wait for someone to attend.them 2 because servers at times seemed just tired.to be there but the food is good I like that they, have jazz up the menu now with new items. I don't come here allot but when i'm the mood for Latin food I know where to find it

Stuart, FL
“Excellent value; excellent flavor”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were visiting the area and this was our first time at this restaurant, so as usual we asked our server what the most popular dishes are. She recommended, among other things, the churrasco flank steak and the new kebabs. We both enjoyed my churrasco more than the beef kebobs. (Kebobs are so easily overcooked and tough.) The steak was cooked to perfection, tender and extremely flavorful. The side of rice and beans was also perfect; the beans so tasty as to be the ultimate comfort food, and I'm not even Cuban. My husband decided to try the boiled yuca on the servers recommendation. We were less than ecstatic. Based on her enthusiastic description of a dish she grew up loving, we determined it must be an acquired taste. We love yuca fries, but this was rather a bland alternative, relying on the flavor of the onions to carry the dish. What it had in flavor, it lacked in texture. Very mushy.

The wine selection is minimal and basic, but the food more than made up for it. The entrees are extremely well priced. I would definitely go here again. In fact, I'm already craving the churrasco and rice and beans!

“surprisingly nice food”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

OK so this is a cuban restaurant in a parking lot next to a Publix supermarket. we were staying at the hampton inn across the road. couldn't see anywhere else to eat so gave it a try. great choice. the food was really tasty and well cooked. steak was nice and rare as asked for. good prices and the staff were very friendly. my husband left his glasses behind and when he went back they had the specs for him. we have paid a lot more for less good cuban food on our trip.it's amazing what you might find in a parking lot!

1 Thank fiona229