“It's a nice restaurant, with great service”

Casavana Cuban Cuisine
Ranked #15 of 166 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The food wasn't exactly flavorful. The Yucca (?) dish was the most exotic. Spices are missing from most of the meal I had and hot sauce is a must if you want to add some zest to your meal.

Nothing really special to write about other than the service was great- food was just food.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband loved this place because you can go up to the window and get your cuban coffee to go - for next to nothing!!!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Had wonderful pulled pork cuban sandwiches when they first opened but lately the food hasn't been as good. It's decent.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Food is very tasty, fast service and price is right!

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I passed this place many times when I first moved to the area but I never investigated it because I thought it was just a Cuban coffee place and I'm not a big coffee person. Or I should I say I wasn't. A friend of mine said it was a restaurant and I went to check it out. And now I can't live without it. The breakfasts are terrific and so reasonably priced! The cafe con leche is soooo good! I am now completely addicted. The other selections are good as well. They do a great job on fish--and the portions are HUGE! The key lime coconut pie (really more like a cheesecake) is very good and I'm not that big a fan of key lime. The decor is nice, the place is always very clean, and the waitstaff is wonderful. (Although there are a few hostestes who aren't very friendly.) I haven't been to other Casavana locations but the one in Homestead is fantastic. We eat there several times a week and the one time there was a problem (food came and it was a little cold) my plate was whisked away and replaced immediately. Love this place and would have to throw myself off a bridge if anything happened to it.