“Taste of home!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casavana Cuban Cuisine

Casavana Cuban Cuisine
Ranked #25 of 165 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Cuban, Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rockville, Maryland
“Taste of home!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I'm born and raised in Miami, now living in Washington DC. I visited Casavana on a recent trip back home and I will make it a must visit stop on my next trips! I had the Pork with mango sauce and boiled yuca with garlic sauce and every bite literally brought me back to my childhood. Being in DC area I do not ever see Cuban restaurants, so I might be biased, but Casavan atmosphere and variety offers something for everyone. The toasted and buttered Cuban Bread you get upon seating is worth the trip alone! The prices will keep you coming back over and over! Try it!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Miami
“Not worth it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Food is quite expensive compared to other Cuban restaurants, and it isn't worth it for that price. The pan con bistec were dry, and the Cuban sandwiches were okay. Nothing out of the ordinary. Save money and go to Sergio's. Much better, I also thought it was overcrowded.

• Visited January 2012
Miami, Florida
“Bad service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

When you call for a pick up order, please check everything! The service outside window is horrible! They are rude if you tell them that the order is wrong, little things that make the restaurant look bad.,I order a big "cafe con leche" and they serve me half cup and the rest was all foam !!! My complete order was all wrong. The ladies that work outside window are horrible!

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012 via mobile

We wanted good Cuban food. I really wanted a Cuban sandwich. The empanadas were good. Our cuban sandwiches were tasteless. There were ants on the wall by where our daughter was sitting. We told the waitress and they didn't seem to care very much. The place overall looked a bit dirty. Best thing was the fries. That's not saying much. Lost my appetite with the ants. I will never go back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad service; Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

There food is very good. Everything in the back of the house is done perfectly. The place is clean and modern. I have to say one thing. From the server to the to busser are super bad. They won't even bother to greet you. I found myself having to finish my order while the waiter was walking off because she didn't even bother to stand there and listen to me. If it weren't for the great food, I don't think I would ever return. Also, the waiters need to learn English!

• 1 of 5 bubbles