“Disappointed, try somewhere else.”

Marios Family Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 164 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
abower83
“Disappointed, try somewhere else.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

My family was open to trying some new im Cuban cuisine, and the food was ok. No knocks there. But from my husband I heard that the men's room was more disgusting than the cabo airport with poo paper on the floor, in the trash, no locking doors. I went in handicapped which wasn't as bad, but wouldn't get a clean stamp from me. And, don't take me the wrong way, but if your restaurant is in the US please have at least one staff person who can help translate for your guests. We could not communicate with our waitstaff which I believed made our server feel bad and us feel rather unwelcome.

1 Thank mahologirl

Locust Grove, Georgia, United States
“Casual Cuban Dinning”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

While visting South Florida I wanted to try some Cuban food. I did not have any preconseptation of the cuisine but what I found was very good food. Very casual atmosphere and wait staff happy to explain menu. I would make this a regular spot if I were a local.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank James B
Venice, CA
“Wrong place”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Are you sure this isn't Mario's Latin Cafe? Please check the address. I think 'Marino's' does not exist. Mario's is EXCELLENT.

• Visited November 2012
Venice, CA
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I cannot say enough about Mario's! We were forlornly stuck at the Ramada in, Florida City on the night of my husband's birthday. We had driven up from Key West and were enroute to Ft. Myers to visit my mother. It was a long drive so we stopped so that we could spend the next day visiting the Everglades. We asked about a 'good restaurant' at the Ramada and the girl fumbled around until she told us she ate at Mario's but maybe it wasn't fancy enough, it was Cuban, etc.. When she said, 'delicious', I replied that that's the kind of food we like! I eat only fish and vegetables but my husband ordered meat. The portions are huge, the yucca and fish are delicious! The service was not only adorable but efficient. When I told the waitress about the birthday and mentioned my husband liked chocolate cake, the deal was done. The owner and all the adorable staff came out singing, with the best chocolate cake I have had anywhere except maybe Paris. I wish Mario's was in Los Angeles. I'd eat there once a week.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Barbgoes
Lisle, Illinois, United States
“midnight snack bar”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

there were these things like churros with cheese or guava + cheese that were really good. the waitress was unusually nice compared to most of the people in homestead.

Visited February 2013