“Do no go there!!”

Dining options: Lunch
Miami, Florida
“Do no go there!!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Last saturday Me, my wife and some friends went to this place to try real mexican food. That same night we found out how a mexican bathroom looks like. We all got stomachache we could not hold liquid of foods. In spanish diarrea y vomito all night long. The 4 of us got sick after eating there. For your own help DO NO IT THERE.

1 Thank Jonatan A

Marathon, Florida
“Great Family Owned Restaurant”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Over the years I've eaten at El Toro Taco numerous times. The owners always make you feel at home. The dishes are authentic and taste great. In the past they didn't have an alcohol license so you would have to bring your own beer and they would keep it cold for you. But no worries it's still a great spot to eat.

Visited February 2013
Miami, Florida
“You Don't Need to Go to Mexico to Get Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This family-run restaurant is on a sleepy street in Homestead, FL. You wouldn't think you would get great Mexican food there, but you will be surprised. The service is quick and friendly; we were seated and got our menus right away. The chips and salsa were fresh made. My tamale dish was great; lots of tamales with great flavor and the beans and rice were not the run of the mill kind served in chain Mexican restaurants. The refried beans had great flavor and really complimented the rice, very tasty, and tamales. We also had a Fiesta Platter with beef taco, tostada, enchilada also with beans and rice. The most fun part of the restaurant is that you can bring a cooler with beer and wine, as they have no liquor license.

1 Thank jenniferwilliams7
Williamsburg, Virginia
“The Best”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming here for over 10 years now and it always great always the same smiles and warm welcome hellos from everyone there and the owner
The flavors are always on point and the amount of food is more then enough you get a free fresh made chips and salsa with a side of green hot sauce that I love
you only need a drop of it I always get the same the thing start off with the bean and cheese dip and the flour three chicken tacos it's always fresh tasting and a lot of meat on them with always green lettuce

1 Thank Landlubergranny
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Homecooked Mexican food in Homestead”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I came to El Toro Taco this past Friday night with some friends that highly recommended the Mexican food here and it did not disappoint. You can tell it has a loyal following because as soon as we walked in my friends were talking to our waiter and waving hello to the owner.
There is a down to Earth and casual feeling in the restaurant especially since you are allowed to bring your own bottle of wine to drink.
The food itself is reasonably priced and the portions are big so a couple can split a dish if they are not that hungry.
We were served some chips with salsa right away while we decided what we wanted to eat.
My friends ordered the chili con queso because they said it was awesome and it was very good. It is not too spicy and they use a white cheese not yellow.
I ordered the chicken chimichanga, which is a meal all by itself. It was delicious, but I was only able to eat half, so I had leftovers the following day.
I also tried a piece of my friend's chili relleno, which was also excellent.
Overall I was pleased I came with my friends and when I am in the Homestead area know where I will return for some authentic Mexican food.

• Visited August 2013