“Roaches in dining room”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Saw a roach crawling under the table as I was eating. Not soon after heard they were shut down by health dept. Enough said.

1  Thank mommyofgavinray

Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place was highly recommended by a friend. When I visited this place I cannot believe what I saw. As I sat down at a table I noticed a roach crawling up the wall and across the dinning room floor. Upon closer inspection I noticed the walls were caked with old dried food and the place was filthy. Then I discovered that I should have checked this place out before entering. Seems there are two reported deaths contributed to eating the food at this place as well as being closed down repeatedly for critical violations by the health department. Please don't waste your time or your money here. I had to shower and dissenfect everything upon leaving.

5  Thank Julie C
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Last monday (july 9th) There was an orange sign on door, restaurant was closed. Violation list were discussing, rats, roaches, mice droppings!! People be careful where you eat. I can't believe the good reviews on this place.

3  Thank jim n
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were lucky to eat here on our last trip to Homestead.
The salsa is homemade from fresh ingredients and perfectly seasoned.
Our taco lunch was great with real, not canned, shredded beef. The food was hot, and nicely presented.
This is a family restaurant, a favorite with locals and the lucky visitors who chose to eat here.
Parking can be a bit of a problem, but the side streets surrounding the restaurant usually have spaces.
We will be back again.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have heard positive word of mouth reviews about this place for years and was excited to try it after our visit to coral castle. The food was average at best. The dining areas & bathroom were dirty. Service below average. BYOB must be the draw