“OMG NOOOOOOOOOOO”

Dining options: Lunch
Homestead, Florida
“OMG NOOOOOOOOOOO”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place was highly recommended by a friend. When I visited this place I cannot believe what I saw. As I sat down at a table I noticed a roach crawling up the wall and across the dinning room floor. Upon closer inspection I noticed the walls were caked with old dried food and the place was filthy. Then I discovered that I should have checked this place out before entering. Seems there are two reported deaths contributed to eating the food at this place as well as being closed down repeatedly for critical violations by the health department. Please don't waste your time or your money here. I had to shower and dissenfect everything upon leaving.

• Visited May 2012
5 Thank Julie C

Homestead, Florida
“Closed last week by State Health Dept”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Last monday (july 9th) There was an orange sign on door, restaurant was closed. Violation list were discussing, rats, roaches, mice droppings!! People be careful where you eat. I can't believe the good reviews on this place.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank jim n
Grassy Key, Florida
“Authentic Homemade Mexican”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were lucky to eat here on our last trip to Homestead.
The salsa is homemade from fresh ingredients and perfectly seasoned.
Our taco lunch was great with real, not canned, shredded beef. The food was hot, and nicely presented.
This is a family restaurant, a favorite with locals and the lucky visitors who chose to eat here.
Parking can be a bit of a problem, but the side streets surrounding the restaurant usually have spaces.
We will be back again.

• Visited July 2012
Fort Lauderdale
“Over-hyped!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have heard positive word of mouth reviews about this place for years and was excited to try it after our visit to coral castle. The food was average at best. The dining areas & bathroom were dirty. Service below average. BYOB must be the draw

Florida Keys
“Mexican made right. Family recipes and friendly service.”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was our second trip to Toro Taco and it was even better this time. Great service - tasty, distinctive dishes, freshly made chips and salsas. Our lunch was spectacular. Unique and authentic, Toro Taco stands out from the multitude of bland, basic, boring and just plain bad Mexican eateries. All this and reasonably priced! We will be back.

Been to El Toro Taco? Share your experiences!