“The high Trip Advisor rating is well deserved.”
Review of The Whistle Stop - CLOSED

The Whistle Stop
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Creative American Bistro with a International Twist, offering an exciting and eclectic Tapas Menu and formal dinner menu, with His new Bistro concept in a causal atmosphere, offering a new and fresh food at His New City Hall Bistro & Martini Bar, this also includes a new concept to casual dining the new addition to The new City Hall Bistro & Martini Bar, including a garden patio and Blue Cigar Lounge.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Because of the high rating in Trip Advisor we went for dinner. We took the special, meatloaf and we thoroughly enjoyed it, It was not "Haute Cuisine", no frills, just a good meal and the taste was excellent. The service was fantastic.
They are closed on Mondays. We decides we'll come back.

HoteLynda, Guest Relations Manager at The Whistle Stop, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

We are so thrilled that you loved your meals with us. Thank you for coming and visiting us.
Thank you for taking the time to tell about your experience, please do come back!!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Good food, nothing fancy and nothing very special. My husband loved the chicken and dumplings. I had a fish dish that tasted good but one could not taste the fish. A good dish for non fish lovers.

I am pleased that your husband loved the chicken and dumplings and you thought the fish was good, i am both sorry and surprised that you weren't 100% satisfied. The fish you ordered was the friday fish fry so you don't taste the fish as much as if you had ordered the grilled fish with the mango salsa. I thank you for taking the time to post .

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The Whistle Stop is off the beaten path, but worth looking for! We were attracted by the old hotel it's in and decided to stop. I'm so glad we did! The prices are right, the food is great, the staff are friendly, helpful, and attentive, and the restroom is clean and attractive. The restaurant is cozy with an antique look. We had a great lunch. I will certainly go back next time I'm in the area.

HoteLynda, Guest Relations Manager at The Whistle Stop, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

We are thrilled you enjoyed your meal with us!
I'm happy you found us. Thanks for taking the time to post, we really appreciate it!

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The menu was interesting and the good wAs delicious. Non pretentious, good portions, good friendly service and a little bit of charm in the heart of Homestead. Corn chowder was very tasty and not too creamy, lentil soup was hearty, chicken with white wine and cranberries was really good. Too full for dessert but from the looks and comments from fellow dinners they are good also. Definitely worth a drive down from Miami or a stop to of from the keys.

HoteLynda, Guest Relations Manager at The Whistle Stop, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Thank you s much for posting a review. I'm am so thrilled that you so enjoyed our food!
We pride ourselves on the best high end Southern Comfort food in Homestead.
I look for ward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Went the other day with a couple of friends and had the grilled cheese, which was killer, and I also had the half order of the seared Ahi which was prepared perfectly. The As I sat there and had more beers I decided to try the buffalo wings which were AWESOME, Ive had my fair share of unbelievable wings ijn my life but these were amazing, I def going back just for the wings, I may never even try anything else. Oh and Danni, the bartender was super friendly and very entertaining.