“Love this place!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dartmouth, Canada
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

We drove to the Key West from West Palm Beach and decided to stop in at this hotel on our way back to Clearwater rather than paying the high high prices in the Keys.

What a beautiful hotel! So clean and welcoming! Paul Mitchell products in the rooms goes a very long way with me too.

Grocery store is right across the street. Very convenient for those looking to save their dollars for more travel to other wonderful Courtyard Marriott locations ;)

Thanks for the wonderful stay, Courtyard Marriott. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Grocery store across the street!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tammy D
CourtyardHomestead, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for the Courtyard by Marriott- Miami Homestead. We are happy you found our hotel to be convenient to the locations that were important to you. Many of our guests find this to be the perfect stop over on the way in/ out of the Florida Keys. It is obvious that your experience was a great one and we are thrilled to hear you found the hotel beautiful and welcoming and that our bathroom amenities exceeded your expectations. Happy travels and we are looking forward to your quick return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Blumenau
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

What to expect about a new Courtyard property? I found all I need for a night between Orlando and Key West. Spacious and clean rooms, nice lobby with lots of amenities, so many restaurants near the hotel, good treatment by the staff. Everything you need and you expect in a Courtyard.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank nuviBlumenau
CourtyardHomestead, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am pleased that you enjoyed all the benefits of our convenient location. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review about our property. Please visit us again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Marriott has revived the original appeal of the Courtyard brand as evidenced by this property in a very desirable section of Homestead. The hotel is attractive and well constructed. The rooms are very well appointed, clean and quiet. Full spectrum of TV channels. The pool and "courtyard" area was very clean and appealing with bar and food service available. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Many dining options nearby.

Room Tip: no preference.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank chriscpd98
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Very convenient location in this beautifully brand new hotel!
Lobby area and outside patio are very well appointed and comfortable. Pool and gym are also great.
The rooms were very comfortable. Clean and nicely decorated. We would definitely stay again

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Susyabbo
CourtyardHomestead, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
On behalf of the entire team, I thank you for your kind words. It brings us great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time you visit Homestead.

Kind Regards,

Jessica Keene
Orlando
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I'm not quite sure where to start except to say that I am very surprised that this is a brand new hotel. If the housekeeping is letting things go now (two months old), I can't imagine it in a few years from now.

First the good: The hotel is new, the decor is very nice, and the rooms come with great smelling paul mitchell bath products. The rooms are large and decorated nicely. The lobby is fresh and bright. I wanted to LOVE this hotel.

On to the bad, although the hotel is nice on the outside, upon pulling up, you will notice that the sign is missing the TY in Courtyard which makes it appear older. I first checked in to my room and, as always, check the beds. I travel a lot so I always look to make sure they are clean and not harboring any "visitors". The sheets appeared wrinkled and then I noticed a small hair in the bed. Because the bed looked slept in, I was worried that the room may not have been cleaned very well so I asked to move to another room. Alas, when I got into this room, there was a white power type substance all over the wall separating the toilet from the sink, the bathtub appeared to have dirt or substances on the floor, and again the sheets were wrinkled. I did notice that there were a ton of extra towels and pillows in the room so it appeared to have been cleaned. Instead of bothering the front desk again, I begrudgingly wiped down the wall and checked the bed to make sure it didn't appear to have been slept in (after a 4.5 hour drive, I was just hungry and ready to relax at this point). I then headed to the inhouse "restaurant" for dinner. They only offer snacky/appetizer type choices and a burger so I went out to grab carry out from the Longhorn. When I left, I mentioned the apparent lack of housekeeping but the front desk didn't seem at all to care. Upon check out the next day the front desk again didn't ask about my room/stay, etc. When I offered up the apparent lack of housekeeping they just said they would make a note of it to share with housekeeping. Another thing to note is that they do not provide complimentary breakfast either.

Many things I can overlook but proper housekeeping, especially ensuring that the sheets look clean and un-slept in, is of upmost importance. Honestly, if you are coming to the area, I would suggest staying right next door at the hampton inn. My coworker stayed there and she had a great experience, a clean room with wrinkle free sheets, and a complimentary breakfast. Again I warn, if they don't get these housekeeping and maintenance issues put in check fast, this hotel will be seriously run down in no time. Super sad for a brand new hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank 3lildivas
The Courtyard Miami Homestead thanks you immensely for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a comfortable and relaxing stay . Again we apologize for the inconveniences that you faced; but we will use comments like yours to get better as a hotel. Thank you for your feedback and if you plan to travel to the area again in the future, please consider staying with us, as we would love another chance to provide a great stay. Thank you.
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here stop over before hitting the keys, hotel is brand new, nicely decorated and clean for the most part.
Issues we ran into-
Booked a king suite - received 2 queen beds - yes the offered to switch, but a 10:30pm after traveling we just stayed put. I still don't understand with a brand new hotel with all the tech, how a staff member can mess this up.

Found a drywall screw in my bed - gave it to them at the front desk the next day.

Tried showering around 7am - no hot water. They did not seem shocked by this.

They have a large Starbuck's sign with a Starbuck's coffee menu, the guy didn't know how or what an espresso shot was.

We we glad that it was a stop over, but if they get the staff trained and the maintenance issues fixed -
I was contacted by a "manager" who awarded me points back on my Rewards Club, but no offer of a refund, I guess this would be Marriott's way of trying to get you back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual service values and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Our maintenance team was made aware of the issues you faced and we are working hard, so that others are not dissapointed as you were. If you are back in the Homestead area please give us another chance to demonstrate to you that your satisfaction is important to us.
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We booked this hotel for its proximity to Biscayne National Park and the Everglades National Park; and it was a good choice on that basis. It was easy to find off the highway and was very clean. The hotel felt practically empty as it was new and those who were there seemed to be solo business travellers.

We asked for a king bed with a sofabed for my son - and even though there were notations on the account, the sofabed was not made up when we arrived and we had to get someone to come. I hate that. I really wish people would read what was on the reservation *before* people arrive. But the front desk was very friendly and sorted it out immediately.

That being said the room was immaculately clean and nicely decorated. There is no bathtub, but a walk-in shower which was fine. We didn't use the guest laundry but they did have one, and the free WiFi was fine. We did eat breakfast at the hotel, which was probably a mistake - my French toast tasted more like it came out of a frozen package rather than being cooked fresh. But it was quiet and nice enough.

We would probably stay again because of the location, but just not have breakfast there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MsTravellerEssex
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property, I am very appreciative of your kind words. I would also like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We work hard every day to not only meet, but exceed our guests’ expectations. So ALL feedback that can help us better ourselves is welcome!

On behalf of the entire Courtyard Miami Homestead staff, thank you for staying with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homestead
Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-South-Homestead
The Hotel Redland
#3 of 14 in Homestead
Home2 Suites by Hilton Florida City
BEST WESTERN Gateway to the Keys

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead? Share your experiences!