“A Gorgeous little paradise!!!”
Review of R.F. Orchids

R.F. Orchids
Ranked #2 of 5 Shopping in Homestead
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A Gorgeous little paradise!!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful stop for anyone seeking beauty!!!!!
I make it a point to visit every time I am heading to the Keys or have guest in town. Love the beverage serving, The chocolate stash and the tour!!!! I always find something I have to buy and the staff is very helpful!!!!

Visited November 2013

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Orchids plus”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This orchid shop is beyond a shop. The grounds are beautiful and the staff walk around with lemonade for you while you browse. There are pretty macaws and parrots in and around the store, plus some neat reptiles. If you can, take the tour and learn about the history of the estate and see some behind the scenes orchids and plants. There is a gator in a pond behind the property that's neat to see.

2 Thank Steph0722
Triad, NC
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“If You Like Orchids ........... You'll Like R. F. Orchids”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had the opportunity to visit and tour the R. F. Orchids facility. It is a family owned and operated orchid production facility. but this is no ordinary orchid greenhouse. The grounds are landscaped immaculately with an orchid and plant collection worth the time to visit. Fantastic! And they have an alligator in their small pool/pond on site (yes, they have a permit).

Visited October 2013
Pensacola, Florida
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Orchid lovers dream! ”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

A lovely stop in the growers district of Homestead. As an orchid grower and lover, this farm brought overwhelming joy to me! We only had time to visit for an hour, so didn't get to tour the private garden on the property. ...but the greenhouses were filled with so many varieties of orchids and other tropical plants that it would take all day to see everything. Prices are reasonable for orchids not available in my part of the southeast. A picture takers dream.. Part of a little agricultural tour of unique places in Homestead. Got to take home a lovely living memento of my trip to south Florida and the Keys.

2 Thank susanhowardhill
Miami, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Free to visit, but not sure you will resist buying an orchid”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Whenever I go to the Redlands, about twice a year, I make sure to stop and eat my picnic in their garden. There is a picnic table in the shade and when we're done we go around the garden, wonderfully cared for with bamboos, tropical foliage, fountains and statues. We leave the orchids for the end and depending on the time of the year, they may have more flowers to see. Great opportunity to take pictures, both in the garden and shop. I always end up buying one more orchid, although I only get those on sale since the prices are on the high end. They also give you free lemonade which is very welcome in the heat.

Visited October 2013