“Orchid lovers dream! ” 5 of 5 bubbles

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Orchid lovers dream! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

A lovely stop in the growers district of Homestead. As an orchid grower and lover, this farm brought overwhelming joy to me! We only had time to visit for an hour, so didn't get to tour the private garden on the property. ...but the greenhouses were filled with so many varieties of orchids and other tropical plants that it would take all day to see everything. Prices are reasonable for orchids not available in my part of the southeast. A picture takers dream.. Part of a little agricultural tour of unique places in Homestead. Got to take home a lovely living memento of my trip to south Florida and the Keys.

2 Thank susanhowardhill

Miami, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Free to visit, but not sure you will resist buying an orchid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Whenever I go to the Redlands, about twice a year, I make sure to stop and eat my picnic in their garden. There is a picnic table in the shade and when we're done we go around the garden, wonderfully cared for with bamboos, tropical foliage, fountains and statues. We leave the orchids for the end and depending on the time of the year, they may have more flowers to see. Great opportunity to take pictures, both in the garden and shop. I always end up buying one more orchid, although I only get those on sale since the prices are on the high end. They also give you free lemonade which is very welcome in the heat.

Visited October 2013
Fonthill, Ontario
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“All little slice of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This place was well worth the stop. We went late in the day and were just about the only people there. The orchids inside the green houses were beautiful, and watching them create an arrangement in the shop was cool. The outside grounds were amazing and we wandered around until closing time. Also some cool birds on site too. If we are ever in the area again, we will certainly drop in.

Visited March 2013
Florida Panhandle, Florida
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Worthy of all the superlatives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

R.F. Orchids is a veritable wonderland of orchids. I first visited this amazing place in the early 1990s...it was all but obliterated by Hurricane Andrew in August, 1992...but to see it today you'd never know. I visited this past weekend and...WOW...I had forgotten how stunning this place is. You pull off the road into a jungle-like setting worthy of a theme park. You feel your blood pressure going down just being here. Upon entering, there's a little bridge, a talkative cockatoo (I think?) and an outdoor display area and a separate indoor sales area. More than likely, one of the staff will offer you an iced fruit juice of some sort. The staff here is excellent; you can tell they know they work in an amazing place. There are several huge greenhouses full of orchids, a dizzying array of every color and size imaginable. Although I'm an orchid novice, I DO know that this place is owned by Bob Fuchs, who is a bit of a superstar in the orchid business, having created new plants and won numerous awards. He and R.F. are also mentioned in the book, "The Orchid Thief". R.F. Orchids would be a nice stop on your way down to or from the Keys. I found the prices to be quite good, the more pedestrian variety orchids were on par pricewise with retailers everywhere. The difference here, is of course the tropical setting, the knowledgeable staff, and the visual feast of the place itself. I can't recommend R.F. Orchids strongly enough, especially if you're a nature lover. However, I don't think this is probably the best choice with children, especially with the delicacy of some of the plants.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank mibenco
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

R.F. Orchids was absolutely lovely!!! They had such a wide variety of orchids! I did not know there were so many different types! I would love to go back again!

Visited July 2012