“Now called Country Hearth Hotel - Do not recommend” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Greenstone Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Homestead
Greenstone Motel
You added Greenstone Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Homestead
England
“Now called Country Hearth Hotel - Do not recommend”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

We booked this hotel as a stop over to the Keys. We drove into the car park and drove straight out again. There were broken down cars, curtains hanging off the poles and looked generally run down. The area felt very unsafe and I did not feel happy to stay here with my family. We booked into a very nice Best Western a couple of miles up the road.

We were very surprised, that expedia would feature this hotel, and although it was very cheap I am sure there must be alternatives.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Business
new hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2007

We had made reservation through Travelocity at this Motel and called a few days prior to arrival to let them now we would arrive late at night. Although the office was supposed to be open until 11pm, no one was present when we arrived at 10:20pm, the office was closed and no one could be reached by calling the Motel. After driving around for 30 minutes we ended up in another hotel for a much higher rate than the Greenstone.

Stayed March 2007

Travelers are raving about these Homestead hotels

Louisville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2007

we spent (my wife and I) two nights there, we were looking for something close to Miami..as everything there was sold out due to the SuperBowl so we stayed here as it was about the only place that had vacancy, We got there and they could not find our reservation..finally after about 10 mins. the guy found it our names were misspelled so that explained the reservation mix up. When we got to the room it was dirty, the floor was dirty, the sheets were so bad we went to a nearby wal mart and bought sheets and a blanket, we saw a couple of bugs..not sure what type bugs they were but rather large. I just did not have a good feeling when I saw someone who I got the feeling may live there taking the battery out of their car and into the room with them..I wondered if they feared it being stolen. There were three or four guys outside that were being very loud in the parking lot area drinking..lucky for us the window air conditioner was loud enough to drown them out for the most part..I would suggest looking else where if possible, It did serve its purpose as a place to stay withing an hour of the super bowl site, and a place to lay your head..but thats the only plus with this place.

• Liked — Check out time
  • Disliked — The unclean conditions and wondering if my belongings were safe while away..we took valuables with us and locked them in the trunk of the car.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mhar109
cleveland OH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2005

When I got to the hotel, no one was at the check in window. Then I went back later, and I noticed there was a phone in front of the window and a sign saying you could call for front desk staff. The phone was busy, so I was not able to reach anyone.

When I went back for the third time, I was able to reach someone by phone and he came to the desk. The man had a very hard time finding my reservation. He finally found what appeared to be my name spelled wrong, and my reservation was for the wrong date and year. I think it was written down for exactly one year from the date I called and made the reservation.
He did not apologize or offer to find me another hotel. Since the hotel was full, I had to find somewhere else to stay, which did not end up being very hard because it was not the busy season.

I can not comment on the hotel since I did not end up staying there, but would encourage you to confirm not only that you have a reservation before you leave on your trip, but that it is for the right date and year.

• Stayed November 2005
5 Thank abrian
Berkshire,England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2005

Having read a minorly favourable comment on tripadvisor, we booked through Worlds Best Deals and stayed at the Greenstone motel in March. This was by far our worst experience in Florida. The bathroom floor was dirty, the shower had no spray head; there were insects, and the bedsheets looked ancient and threadbare. The aircon unit had a gap stuffed with foam rubber. We complained to the manager but got no joy, being told to contact Worlds Best Deals. They do not accept complaints by email, only by telephone. To put it briefly, we have had no response from "World's Best" - at ignoring complainants - other than having the 'phone put down and our letter ignored. If you are thinking of staying at the Greenstone or using "World's Best", in a word - don't.

5 Thank DJ1971-3
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2004

beautiful room , not just an other motel .
clean , cheap and perfect for a trip to the everglades !

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homestead
Floridian Hotel
Courtyard Miami Homestead
#1 of 17 in Homestead
4.5 of 5 stars 361 reviews
BEST WESTERN Gateway to the Keys

Been to Greenstone Motel? Share your experiences!