“Perhaps Our Timing Was Off”

Chefs On The Run Assorted Cuisine
Ranked #2 of 166 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: Caribbean, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I read all the excellent reviews about "Chefs On The Run" and convinced my husband and our two friends to try last Friday night. Perhaps our timing was off because their timing seemed to be very off. We arrived a little after 5:00 pm (about an hour before their strange closing time -- 6:00 pm on a Friday night???) Who would've thought? I guess we missed the good stuff because they were out of a few things on the menu. Then the wait.....and more waiting and even more waiting until finally they took our drink order and brought some very delicious toasted bread. A waitress took our orders and that's when the real wait began. After perhaps another 20 minutes or so of waiting, she came back to say that the dish my husband ordered somehow was not cooked and that would he mind waiting (what, more waiting???).......and this was after we three were served ours. Long story short...the chef came to the table to apologize and did not charge for my husband's entree. That was nice and well taken. The food was okay, but nothing extraordinary or that you would be compelled to return and try again. We were disappointed. I guess these chefs are truly on the run!!

2  Thank Kaneva
There are newer reviews for Chefs On The Run Assorted Cuisine

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were very lucky to get a table in this very small restaurant at short notice on a sat eve, what a joy to go to a unique restaurant run by real people. Our food was excellent, the service personal and the atmosphere buzzing. These people deserve their excellent TA rating.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I finally had my Kan Kan! COTR is very small but offers great service and the food is delicious. Reservations are highly recommended because there's not much space to wait. The owner herself and her husband the chef wait on you and engage in conversation, making you feel not only welcome but like friends. We had the Kan Kan, the alcapurrias, and the mofongo stuffed with churrasco, all delish! The coconut chocolate flan was excellent and the tembleque brought me back childhood memories. Bring your own bottle if you want to have wine, since they do not serve liquor. Overall we loved the food, the service and the small place. We will definitively return.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

This small place is so impressive with its food and its personal service (I saw personal because it's the owner who will wait on you - and her husband is the chef!) The food is so good and these people are so nice, you'll want to come back just to say hello and help them succeed. We've had everything from their fried pork chops to the salmon with miso - all excellent and well seasoned. There are not many tables so pray that you get in. They're right behind El Toro. The hours are different from other restaurants as they try to accommodate their family life, so call ahead or log on to double-check. But go! You will love it!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We ate lunch here after reading the reviews and we were not disappointed. The food was wonderful, ethnic and challenged all our palates in a good way . If you want something different to eat and not a chain- go and be prepared to be impressed.