“Great service and excellent native Mexican food”

La Cruzada Taqueria
Ranked #9 of 166 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I love this place go at least twice per week. Service is great waitress are constantly checking their tables.

2  Thank AsuKa01
There are newer reviews for La Cruzada Taqueria

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Best tacos I've had outside of Mexico! Incredible food and a great value. Bonus is that it it located next to the Mexican grocery store. I've ordered almost everything on the menus and it is all outstanding and authentic.

2  Thank java1201
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

In my opinion, the best Mexican restaurant in Homestead! Fresh ingredients, great prices, sweet staff and free Wi-Fi make a great combination. The fajitas and enchiladas have mucho sobor. If you want watered-down gringo mex, I'd recommend sticking to the more popular ones on Krome Avenue in downtown Homestead.

2  Thank TravelLife19
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went here based on reviews and a coupon. To say we were disappointed is an understatement. We will never return.

The food was below average - cold, overcooked and unappealing. The service was almost non-existent. The only thing the place had going for it was the decor.

We seated ourselves and noticed a salsa bar as we came in. There were many choices, so we were excited. Once our server finally came over, we were told she would get anything from it for us. Sadly, the whole time we were there, we saw folks getting their own. Not sure how the "Don't get your own" rule is applied. We ordered our meal based on the coupon we had (there was a minimum amount). We also ordered water. They must pay quite a bit for water, because we were never offered any more water other than what we got to begin with (which was gone rather quickly). Our entrees came out and the food was over cooked to the point it was almost unrecognizable. I had to ask for the appetizer I ordered when the server finally came back about 3/4 of the way through the entree. When it came out, it was a barely warmed over tortilla with some semi warm cheese.

After we 'finished', we were waiting for the wife's dessert. After about 15 minutes of staring over the dirty plates, the missus finally caught the attention of our server, who seemed to be lost. She proceeded to bring our check. We had to ask for the flan, my wife ordered. We went ahead and got it to go since we had had enough of the place. When we tried to use our coupon, it was explained that we needed reservations. Down side is: nowhere on the coupon was this stated (we also checked when we got home to ensure there was nothing stated on the on-line version...there wasn't). Either the server was never educated or the place really doesn't want customers.

The food was absolutely not worth the time, the service was a joke and the overall customer service did not exist. There are other restaurants in town, which we will gladly take our business to.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

The chips are terrible: small, thin and broken. They do have a salsa bar, but the waitress discouraged us from helping ourselves saying she would get our salsas for us, then we noticed other patrons getting their own. The waitress did bring an assortment of salsas that are very good, lots of variety.Our water was never refilled. When our main courses arrived, my husband's appetizer still hadn't been served. It arrived later (quesadillas) that were simply 2 corn tortillas folded over queso - no cooking on the outside..terrible!. Our waitress never came back after that. We noticed she had tables outside in the courtyard. After waiting for quite a while, I was able to get her attention for the check and my dessert (flan) that was never served. I asked if I could just get it go. When I got home and looked at it, it turned out to be a small triangle of custard, which did not look fresh. Disappointing, I didn't even eat it. The food overall was boring. The quality of the supposedly authentic food was just not what we expected based on what is out on Yelp. I would not say the food is inexpensive either, the appetizer and dessert were the worst. There are better choices in town, we will not return.

2  Thank accobend

Been to La Cruzada Taqueria? Share your experiences!