This was the first time ever for me to stay at Hampton Inn so I was not sure what to expect. I was a little bit concerned looking at the star ratings but the reviews here on TripAdvisor still made me willing to take a chance. In retrospect I am glad I did.
Starting with the negative, the hotel is not possible to find using the GPS, I knew the general direction I was going but since the GPS could not find the street it took a bit longer than expected to find the hotel. My best advice would be to set the hospital (next to the hotel) as the destination instead. The location is in Homestead (exit 2 I think it was from the Florida Turnpike). It was excellent for us, we used it as a base to go to the Everglades and to the Keys.
The hotel offers free parking and it was no problem at all finding a free spot in the parking lot. We were greeted very nicely at the front desk. We arrived early (around 9 am) so our room was not ready. It was not a problem for us since we only wish to leave our luggage before heading out. They did however offer to have the room ready for us in 10 min - superb customer service. We did however opt to leave the luggage there and come back later. We were given some freshly made cookies and coffee before heading out.
The room we were given was large, had a big flat screen TV, free wireless Internet and also coffee making facilities (there is also free coffee,tea and hot chocolate as well as cookies available at the reception). There was a desk as well - the only thing perhaps missing was a sofa. The bathroom was also very nice, could perhaps have used a bathtub but that was not an issue for us.
The breakfast (included in the price) was very nice, good selection of hot and cold food. A big plus was the fact that they vary the selection of mainly the hot food from day to day.
The fitness centre was very nice, the equipment appeared to be fairly new and the times I visited I was the only one there. There is also a pool and a business centre available and a small 'shop' where there are some light meals and drinks available for purchase.
In the area there is also a supermarket and several restaurants. As usual in the US you would need a car but anyone staying at this hotel would probably have access to a car.
To summarize a great hotel that I would definitely use again if I go to Florida.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your stay in Homestead Florida by staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Located moments from Everglades National Park, this hotel features 126 rooms that will surpass your greatest expectations. Relax and enjoy our luxurious bedding package along with 32 inch flat screen TV’s and free high-speed internet connection in every room. Wake up to a refreshing hot breakfast every morning complimentary with your stay. Never miss a workout on your stay and then relax pool side and soak up the Florida sunshine. Bring your clubs and enjoy a round of golf at Homestead's Redland Golf & Country Club, a fun and challenging public course located just minutes from the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-South-Homestead. There are various attractions to visit such as Biscayne National Park, Miami Metro Zoo, Homestead-Miami Speedway, and many more. Book your room today and let our friendly staff attend to your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-South-Homestead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-South-Homestead Hotel Homestead
- Hampton Inn And Suites Miami-South-Homestead