You really can't go wrong staying in a Hampton Inn Hotel - they get just about everything right. I don't give many 5 star reviews but this is getting one. The rate is great ($143) in a part of Florida that seems to start the rate at $200 per night for anything that is vaguely decent.
This particular Hampton is fairly new so has the added advantage of feeling clean and modern but it is a great place to stop if you are on your way to or from the Keys. It's also a short 10 mile drive from the entrance to the Everglades Park so very convenient for that.
The rooms are very nice - I had a King room and it was large, even for a Hampton with two vanity areas. The fitness area is modern and well equipped and the pool makes the most of its location (next to the parking lot) by being nicely landscaped and screened by palm trees. There is a also a nice patio area by the pool which serves as an overspill for the breakfast area when it is busy.
Breakfast is the usual Hampton fare - you know what you are going to get and it is fine. Easy to forget that by being free, this breakfast saves you over 50 bucks with a family of 5 versus the many hotels of similar standard that charge for breakfast.
There is a Publix across the road which is convenient. One item of annoyance that isn't the fault of the hotel. There is a nice mall a short walk (5 - 10 mins) away with various restaurants (Olive Garden etc) except you can't walk without taking your life into your hands on a busy highway - no sidewalks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your stay in Homestead Florida by staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Located moments from Everglades National Park, this hotel features 126 rooms that will surpass your greatest expectations. Relax and enjoy our luxurious bedding package along with 32 inch flat screen TV’s and free high-speed internet connection in every room. Wake up to a refreshing hot breakfast every morning complimentary with your stay. Never miss a workout on your stay and then relax pool side and soak up the Florida sunshine. Bring your clubs and enjoy a round of golf at Homestead's Redland Golf & Country Club, a fun and challenging public course located just minutes from the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-South-Homestead. There are various attractions to visit such as Biscayne National Park, Miami Metro Zoo, Homestead-Miami Speedway, and many more. Book your room today and let our friendly staff attend to your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-South-Homestead reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-South-Homestead Hotel Homestead
- Hampton Inn And Suites Miami-South-Homestead