“Best place to stay in Homestead” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-South-Homestead

Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-South-Homestead
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Homestead
Orlando, Florida
“Best place to stay in Homestead”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Nothing exotic, clean safe and just a great Hampton Inn with the great beds you expect from Hampton Inn. Also you get the value of a decent breakfast when running out in the morning.

Great place to land overnight when getting to the Keys late or fishing in Flamingo.

Room Tip: There all seem to be the same, and all just fine.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn while on a short trip to south Florida. The front desk staff was friendly and courteous. I had a suite which offered plenty of room with a king size bed, separate sitting area with a couch which had a pull out bed and a small dining table. It also had a fridge, microwave and a sink in the kitchen area. The room was spotless. The cleaning crew does a wonderful job. After check in, about 30 minutes after being in the room I got a call from the front desk staff asking if everything was to my satisfaction. Here is where I was most impressed since I have only seen that at luxury hotels where I have stayed in the past. It showed me that they are focused on customer care. I requested extra pillows to be brought to my room and they were delivered within 15 minutes. I also got to use the pool one morning and it was again, very,very clean with plenty of chairs and well landscaped grounds. The complimentary breakfast was served from 6 am to 10 am during the week. They offered a good variety of food. Eggs, bacon, potatoes, french toast etc. They also had two waffle makers to make your own waffles. They had fresh fruit and cereal as well as a variety of breads, muffins, bagels etc. The staff working the breakfast station on the first day of my stay was again, friendly and helpful. The second day not so much. This was the only down side to my stay. On my second day, I went downstairs in the hopes of taking something with me since I was on my way to an activity and didn't have much time. It was about 9:40 am. I asked one of the girls working there if I could please have a to go box so I could take something with me and her reply was simply "NO". Not " I'm sorry we don't have one". I was so taken back by her response and the look on her face that I asked her again and she actually widened her eyes at me and repeated it slower. I wasn't upset that they didn't have them available, which they should since they do cater to business travelers who often don't have time to sit and have a leisurely breakfast. What irked me was her nasty attitude and complete lack of customer service skills. Maybe she was having a bad day but guests shouldn't have to deal with her horrible attitude. I did mention this to the girl working the front desk later on and she said she would speak to them. Hopefully she did. Other than that this is a clean, comfortable hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paola1_11
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We arrived at 7pm after a long drive from Orlando to find that in spite of our confirmed reservation, the duty manager had given our room to someone else. He told us that we could instead have a room at the Best Western in Florida City. Totally unacceptable and unprofessional - and pure greed, as they already had our money but were counting on a no show to let the room twice.

We were very unhappy to have been let down so badly and made our strengh of feelings clear. He was squirming in front of his colleagues and other guests and eventually, he gave us a room reserved for someone else who hadn't arrived. We took it - sorry if you are the person who arrived later than us.

Room was fine, overpriced of course but the new Marriott next door should hopefully knock them out of their complacency and total lack of integrity. Breakfast was OK but poor hot choices - of course there is no such thing as a "free" breakfast, they just hike the room price.

Homestead is very ordinary, but it is well placed as a setting off point for the Keys and the Everglades.

If you decide to stay - arrive early to bag your room, even if you have all your confirmations in place!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Liege, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed one night at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Homestead. Hotel is very convenienty located close to Florida 1, though the area has nothing to offer.
Lobby area is great, warm welcom. Rooms and bathroom are spacious and clean, freshly decorated. King size bed is just perfect.
Good rate through AAA and internet booking.
How come no 5 star rating ? The breakfast. Poor choice at the buffet : mostly sweet things, limited choice of bread, canned jam, plastic cutlery, plastic plates, carton cups... Cheap cheap...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Great location if you are planning to go to the Everglades

• Stayed July 2012
Galloway, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night on our way to the Fla Keys. We flew in to Ft. Lauderdale and didn't want to do the drive in one shot. We were only in this hotel for about 10 hours, but it did everything we needed it for. Nice, friendly check in, clean linens, comfy beds, nice big bathroom and plenty of towels. Great location-- visible from the turnpike. Highlight was breakfast-- well stocked, and the Belgian waffles were a hit with everyone. A great, relaxing start to our trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ranst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Check in was very professional and helpfull. The room was very spacious and luxurious. The bathroom was also very large and well equipted. Cleaning was impeccable! Breakfast very good and nice atmosphere!
Absolutely the best hotel we stayed in on our trip!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Homestead
Courtyard Miami Homestead
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 12 in Florida City
4.5 of 5 stars 641 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-South-Homestead? Share your experiences!