“I drive from Pompano Beach for the Barbeque!”
Review of Shiver's Bar-B-Q

Shiver's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #1 of 164 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Shiver's BBQ is a family-owned and operated restaurant in Homestead, Fl. It has been serving authentic hickory smoked barbecue for over 50 years! Family generations have grown up eating here. Shiver's specializes in slow smoked meats such as baby back ribs, pork spare ribs, beef ribs, chicken, beef brisket, pork, and more. Many items, such as the pulled pork, have been smoked for 12 hours or more! This process ensures that each bite will be tasty and tender all the way through.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“I drive from Pompano Beach for the Barbeque!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Been coming here for years. My first meal here was in 1992 a week before Hurricane Andrew.
I do not eat pork so I'm jonesing for beef ribs most of the time. When I canot stand it any longer I make the trek to Shiver's. Some people go on pilgramages to Jerusalem, some to Mecca, I go to Homestead. Ok, I go to Jerusalem too. I see people eating the styrobarbeque a little south at one of those chain outfits and wonder what they are thinking when the real deal is so close. All the food is tremendous and all the sides are excellent. This is no gamble, this is golden.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank George F

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Liege, Belgium
“Great BBQ joint”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Shiver's is your classical BBQ joint, with wooden banks and tables, neon lightning, and that wonderful smell of smoked meat.

The place seems cherished by the locals, which is always a good sign.

I've had the ribs trio, and these were one of the best ribs I've had in a long time (perhaps only second to Fette Sau in Brooklyn). I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting to eat some great barbecued meat in a classical setting.

• Visited September 2013
“Excellent Food for those who love BBQ”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We pigged out here!!!, everybody enjoyed the food, the combinations are amazing, it is a taste of the country.

Not a chain restaurant so you feel that the food is not frozen or microwaved.

Visit them you won't regret it.

We gave them 4 instead of 5 because the food sometimes feel a little cold, and the plates are stainless steel trays and they are all scratched. this gives you a sensation that the dishes are dirty (even if they are not). You really enjoy the food and then you think was this plate washed???, which kills the emotion. Also the restrooms need to be renewed and be cleaner. ohh if the place is full they make you wait outside in the BURNING SUN! (that happened to us)

But don't miss the food, is excellent!

ohio
“Nice place to stop”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We recently stayed in Homestead, FL for two nights. Shiver's was a really neat, casual atmosphere. The food was good and service was great. Do not expect anything fancy inside or out. They have long tables with benches. This worked great for our family though and added to the charm of the place. Glad we stopped.

Milford, Delaware
“Great local BBQ Place”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We came here upon the advice of a local. I am not a big fan of BBQ, but I like trying local places. It was Friday night, and the place was busy, so there was about a 10 minute wait. No bar or anywhere to wait, so we just sat outside. The restaurant has long picnic tables, so if you are looking for an intimate dining experience, forget it. ( Then again, BBQ does not scream ROMANCE to me) I was surprised to see a few local craft beers on the menu, but having come from a nearby winery we opted for sodas. My husband is a huge wing fan, and he ordered the wings- the serving was huge! He did not even finish them- ( even with some help) I could not help but give in to a weakness for onion rings- a big order, however they were very greasy with the kind of breading that just slides off- I was not a big fan of them, I ordered the chicken BBQ, ( white meat a buck extra) with hush puppies, and the corn bread souffle- that was really, really good.The chicken was tasty and moist. My husband had the sweet potato souffle which was also amazing. His main dish was the brisket which he said was good. On the table there were a variety of different sauces to try. Our waitress was friendly and kept our drinks filled. The portions are a good size, and sadly we just could not finish them. Our waitress was ready with some boxes to take home. I loved chatting with the guy sitting near us. As I said, the place was crowded, but we never had any issue with hearing one another- what a great find- I highly recommend.

1 Thank Dogmom11236

Been to Shiver's Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!