“Great place to stop”
Review of Shiver's Bar-B-Q

Shiver's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #3 of 173 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Shiver's BBQ is a family-owned and operated restaurant in Homestead, Fl. It has been serving authentic hickory smoked barbecue for over 50 years! Family generations have grown up eating here. Shiver's specializes in slow smoked meats such as baby back ribs, pork spare ribs, beef ribs, chicken, beef brisket, pork, and more. Many items, such as the pulled pork, have been smoked for 12 hours or more! This process ensures that each bite will be tasty and tender all the way through.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I stopped into Shivers when the GPS told us that was the place for Barbecue in Florida. The food was great, but I wasn't a big fan of the Shivers sauce. The sweet sauce was fantastic. Cold beer came in a warm mug. Good size portions. I would like to go back and try some more food.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place is perfect if you're in the mood for some good 'ol southern BBQ cookin'. The ribs are great. Don't expect an "upscale" setting as this place is as country as they come.

Michael C, Owner at Shiver's Bar-B-Q, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Alex,

Thank you for your kind words. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Even though is way down in Homestead it was totally worth it to stop by. It is exactly like you are walking into a traditional Texas BBQ place. Service was great, food was awesome. The meat just falls off the rib's bone, everything is fresh. You have to try the cornbread souffle, wow, it is surreal. My kid ended up sucking on the beef ribs he ordered, that is how good they were. Will go back really soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is one of the iconic restaurants of Homestead that has been around seemingly forever and for one good reason: the food is delicious! I have been eating at Shiver's for more than 40 years and can't ever recall having a bad meal. The menu has grown considerably with lots of interesting side dishes to compliment their beautifully smoked meats. I went on a recent Saturday afternoon for lunch (get there early or you will have to wait) and ordered the regular size pulled pork sandwich. It was a decent portion of perfectly smoked, juicy meat piled atop a fresh, soft bun. As it was the weekend, I ordered the Jalapeño Cheese Grits (only available Saturday/Sunday according to the menu) and collard greens. The grits were creamy and cheesy with just enough bite from the jalapeño to make them interesting. I did not enjoy the greens as they were prepared without pork so lacked flavor and were a bit on the sour side. A good dash of hot pepper vinegar improved them somewhat but I won't be ordering them again. Do not expect fine dining or privacy here: the restaurant itself is a log cabin style and everyone sits at communal picnic tables and at busy times can feel a bit claustrophobic. If you don't fancy eating in, there is a take out service which means you can overindulge in smoky deliciousness at home. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've eaten at Shivers so many times I can't even count. Growing up in Homestead it was always our place to go for great BBQ. Now I no longer live in this area and find myself comparing other BBQ joints to Shivers. Kind of a curse I guess. But either way every time I stop through the area if I have time I stop by and have never been disappointed.

Been to Shiver's Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!