“Fantastic BBQ”
Review of Shiver's Bar-B-Q

Shiver's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #2 of 164 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Shiver's BBQ is a family-owned and operated restaurant in Homestead, Fl. It has been serving authentic hickory smoked barbecue for over 50 years! Family generations have grown up eating here. Shiver's specializes in slow smoked meats such as baby back ribs, pork spare ribs, beef ribs, chicken, beef brisket, pork, and more. Many items, such as the pulled pork, have been smoked for 12 hours or more! This process ensures that each bite will be tasty and tender all the way through.
London, Canada
“Fantastic BBQ”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Between my wife and I we were able to taste their ribs, chicken and pulled pork. Tasty sauces. Pulled pork was the tastiest in terms of BBQ flavour, but it was all very good!!
We arrived in the mid-afternoon so had great service.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank principledtraveller

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Moscow
“Unique place for BBQ”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The whole interior of this place is very unique with communal tables and old posters. BBQ is really good. Peach cobbler was a big disappointment - looked like dog's food and was more a bread pudding than cobbler... But the atmosphere is fantastic, you can see lots of locals coming with friends and family.

Kendall, Florida
“Check them out for yourself!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Ok, so originally, I was pretty disappointed with my meal. I ordered the sliced pork and it was a pretty small portion and it was kind of dried out. However, the sides were AMAZING! Cornbread Souffle, the sweet potato souffle, sweet potato fries were all crazy good! The Corn Fritters and Fried Mac were also pretty spectacular. My hubby ordered the baby backs and was sweet enough to share some with me and they were pretty darn good. For sure better than the other barbecue joints in town. One of my daughters ordered the pulled chicken sandwich and she was pretty underwhelmed also but my other daughter ordered the pulled pork sandwich with the collared greens and she was pretty impressed with both.

So, this review is a mixed bag but I really do think that if I had ordered something different, I would have been pretty impressed with this place.

Miami, Florida
“Great Place to eat Barbeque!!!!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We just recently moved to the Homestead area and were looking for a good Barbeque Restaurant... We looked on Trip Advisor and found this place... We were not disappointed. Great barbeque, generous quantity, at a good price... We were very pleased and will visit there again.

“Great BBQ stop”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

After flying into Fort Lauderdale, we stopped by Shivers in Homestead for lunch. Right on route 1 on our way to key largo, this was a very convenient pit stop.

We ordered the sandwiches with two side specials, along with sweet tea. I got the beef brisket with hush puppies and sweet potato fries. With the pepper sauce and hot sauce, it definitely hit the spot. My wife ordered the pulled chicken with corn soufflé and hush puppies, while my son got the pulled pork with Mac & cheese and grits. No complaints from anyone.

We sat next to the drink station and were quite surprised seeing the pitcher of sweet tea prepared! Our waitress poured sugar about three quarters of the way up, then filled it with tea. Definitely a sugar high for the remainder of the trip to Key Largo

Will try to stop by on our return to the airport!