“Great place for kids!!!”
Review of Coral Castle

Ranked #1 of 37 things to do in Homestead
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Chosen TOP 35 out of more than 35,000 Museums in the United States "...guaranteed to be the highlight of your trip." Holiday Lettings from TripAdvisor!! TripAdvisor rates Coral Castle “Top 35 out of 35,000 museums across the U.S.” Top ratings from Yelp, New Times Magazine: “Reader Choice Awards: “Best of Miami” Ed Leedskalnin secretly built Coral Castle at night; excavating, carving, and moving 1,100 tons of coral rock. Experience Coral Castle’s “Love Story”, the History, the Science, and how Ed’s items work even after 93 years! Referred to as a Modern Megalith, Coral Castle is compared to the Ancient Megalith’s of the Egyptian pyramids, Stonehenge, and is considered by many, to be “one of the Wonder’s of the World”. Since 1923 Scientists, Engineers, Scholars continue to be amazed! See a hand-carved 9-ton gate, a Polaris telescope, the world’s only Sundial with seasons. Enjoy a movie short about the mysteries of Coral Castle, its creator; Edward Leedskalnin. Relax at the Coral Castle Cafe and enjoy our delicious gourmet menu. Visit our unique gift shop with Coral Castle collectables, science, natural stones, jewelry and much more! Seen on the History Channel, Travel Channel, Discovery Channel, Ancient Aliens, Univision, Telemundo, Sabado Gigante's Don Francisco, BBC! Even Billy Idol wrote his famous song; “Sweet Sixteen” in 1987 about Ed and his Coral Castle, Billy continues to talk about Ed all over the world and sing "Sweet Sixteen" in concerts today. Continuous live tours! Free parking.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been here several times and love it even more each time I go. The history and sheer magnitude of the accomplishment by one tiny little man still amazes me. My kids love this place as well. A perfect family outing day!!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Although we didn't visit the Coral Castle this trip, we did a couple of years ago and it was terrific. Just knowing what it took to put this place together, that we haven't been able to duplicate in this day and time, amazed me. That one man, could do everything that he did, without machinery, and be able to open a gate that weighed tons, with just a finger, and now it's broken, and we can't figure out how to fix it...amazing. As a romance writer, the love story involved in this endeavor, and as a techno geek, I am such a fan! We didn't have a guide as some of the reviews have mentioned, but it didn't matter, just looking at all the feats of physics and engineering that this lone man did, in the name of love, is enough for me. The place was amazing.

I had to pick a time when we visited and it wasn't part of the choice, so I chose Dec 2012, but we went there before that.

1  Thank Tamara M
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I visited the Coral Castle 30 years ago and enjoyed it. I found it to be even a better experience now. It is an engineering marvel, a love story and an exercise in stamina and dedication. The guides are outstanding and the information is as up to date as possible. Don't miss this piece of South Florida history

1  Thank AL D
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had read about this place and the fascinating story of its creation. We stopped there on the way home from Key West, and it was well worth the entrance fee and drive. It is a mystery how a lone man built his home and "monuments" out of the stone he quarried and moved without benefit of heavy equipment or formal training. The guide was extremely knowledgeable and helpful in pointing out the many interesting architectural details of the property. Do take the guided tour, which you can join in progress and continue to the point you came in. Highly recommended.

1  Thank M P
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Castle is pretty neat and there are some cool features (like the sundial) but it's only really worth it if you are already near the attraction. The whole place is pretty small and can be walked in 5 - 10 minutes.

2  Thank TheConstantRambler