“Repeated Disappointment”

Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Tyler, Texas
“Repeated Disappointment”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I called ahead to make sure my room had two beds and to tell them I would arrive late. When I arrived, the clerk could not figure out how to confirm with my travel company and charge my card. When we finally got our room, we found it entirely uncleaned and the beds stripped. There were chips and crumbs all over the floor. It looked like pigs had run wild. A five minute check in took an hour and we didn't get our two beds either. Grade: "F".

Room Tip: Be prepared, this is low end budget.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ScottyWood1927
UPatelGM, General Manager at Motel 6 Beaumont Midtown, responded to this review, December 31, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us. Your feedback is very important to us.
We strive to provide a superior guest experience, and I am sorry yours did not meet expectations.
We are a new management at this location. We will work hard to fix this issues under our management.
Rest assured appropriate measures are being taken to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns and hope you will give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Umesh Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Katy, Texas
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Arrived and checked in around 4:00 PM, went out to dinner and returned at 9:00 PM. Upon returning a large semi-refer was parked 20 feet from our door with the engine running. Complained to the desk and she said she would check into it, upon returning the response was "it is a refrigerator truck/trailer and it needed to run". I explained that I rented the room to sleep and with the noise it would be next to impossible. I asked that the truck be moved to the front next to the moving truck parked there and was told there wasn't room to park there. I checked and at least three trucks could have been parked there. To summarize, don't stay unless you are a sound sleeper and running truck engines don't bother you. The night staff did little to help and upon complaining at check out was given $20 off for a very poor night's sleep.
There were no trucks at 4:00 when we left for dinner.
The room was clean but well used.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Umesh Patel

Travelers are raving about these Beaumont hotels

BEAUMONT, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2014

need to get more cleaning staff to keep up with cleaning of rooms to be ready for next customer coming in and not have to wait for 3 1/2 hours to get checked in. Staff needs to have more knowledge of what they can and cant do.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience. We are a new franchise and a new management at this location. We will work hard to keep our guest happy.
Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.
Motel 6
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I usually stay at LaQuinta because of their pet policy and the quality of their properties. Well, I checked in this motel at approximately 8:00 p.m. Tuesday evening to be close to the hospital in Beaumont, Texas. After visiting the hospital I returned to the room after 11:00 p.m.; I dozed off and woke up with ROACHES crawling everywhere!!! They were on the bed with me, on the walls, on the floor, on the fridge, microwave, in the bathroom, disqusting. I even ignored the party that was going on in the parking lot, by the pool, etc., at 2:30 a.m. I was re-loading my car and waiting for the manager. Then the manager asked if I wanted to change rooms, really??? No, I wanted a different Hotel. I think this may be a "No-tell, Motel." So, unless they tear down and re-build, I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: The rooms have been remodeled and look nice, but don't be fooled by appearance. The ROACHES hav...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank irma2lucy
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times. Staff is courteous and efficient. Rooms are clean. The pool is usually open and very clean. The location is excellent just off the interstate with numerous restaurants in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.
Motel 6