“Better hotels in the same area!”

Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Texas
“Better hotels in the same area!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This property is worn and old looking. I attended a conference here. The meeting rooms were fine. The catering was not good at all! Food was mediocre and bland. Waiters were very nice; but slow. Rooms were clean; but dated. It is fine for 1 night although there are many newer hotels in the same area.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank alcwHouston
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear alcwHouston,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our waiters.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding food selection for the property being dated. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Lots of great parking. Right off the I-10. Typical Holiday Inn Hotel wraped around an echoing atrium, but the huge cascading waterfall made great white sound. Great staff. Only problem, lots of kids running all around heading to the pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CaptainRR
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. I booked the hotel on line through a discount web site. We were delighted with our large spotless room - very comfortable bed, large fluffy towels and it was very quiet. The staff was fantastic. We had a small, very good, breakfast in their dining room. We ordered a light breakfast from the menu, very reasonably priced, and they have a large breakfast buffet. The waterfall in the lobby was beautiful and not as loud as reported by others - it was turned off during an event in the huge lobby and left off over night. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor - right behind the waterfall - not at all noisy!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveler2013126
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My child's baseball team stayed here when we traveled to Beaumont for a baseball tournament. The pool was filthy. The water was so cloudy you could not see to the bottom. The water in the hot tub was green. There were no towels either. The waitress in the bar area was so kind, but she was completely overwhelmed with customers as the hotel was clearly not staffed sufficiently even though they were "sold out." The "free" breakfast was cold and the service was poor. Children ran the halls of this hotel all night and kept everyone awake. Beware...don't stay here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wheresthebeach71
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza and taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel. As I read your review I noticed that you did not have a great stay and I would love to discuss the issues that you endured so that we can ensure that the next guest does not have the same experience that you had. I noticed that you stayed with our hotel in December during the weekend before our pool pump was replaced as it quit working during your stay time frame. I am happy to say that we replace not only the pool pump but installed all new filters for our pool and hot tub and the difference is amazing. I welcome you to contact me, my email is Charles.Watts@jqh.com or you can call me directly at 409-842-7800 so that I can arrange for a second chance for our hotel as we enjoy being the first and best choice in hotels for our baseball and softball games here in Beaumont.

Charles Watts
Hudson, NH
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A waterfall in the lobby greeted us. They turned it off at bedtime. We had a large comfortable room with an equally large bathroom. The room was "accessible", which seems to mean no counter space in the bathroom. I toughed it out, but my wife was a little disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank guicide
Houston
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We book this on our reward stay as a Priority Club Platinum member. Per reservation rep, we would promise a 2 bedroom presidential suite upon arrive as prat of out benefits, since they did have a some room open. As we arrive, we noticed the heavy humid smell in the lobby. Mostly due to the waterfall in the lobby, which look nice but a closer look it was pretty dirty. At check in we were greeted as PC Plat memeber, and offer a one room suite, small gifts and had no room as promise by the rep.

Our room had a small living section with sofa bed and desk, it was dark even with all the lights on. Other room was a king bed with the bathroom within the room instead of outside. This would not be worth the price posted, they do not offer any breakfast for PC members and the pool was not working. As they say something is wrong with the pump,which made the water look very nasty. Our kids was very disappointed, as they were lookin forward to the indoor pool. Requested sheets and pillow for the sofabed and was told they were out of pillows, really??? We just just check in it was only 4 pm.. While looking at the pool and walking around I hot a headache from the horrible smell of the waterfall. I had to check out I was not able to stay any longer.

Pro:
- nice waterfall
- easy access location
- greet PC member

Cons:
- humid misty lobby
- no pillow even with early request
- pool broken
- small dark dirty room
- low staff
- old decor and build "70-80" retro

I would not return to this place ever, I don't understand how this place can be one of the most $$$$ holiday inn in Beaumont. Must be price high just make money from local companies, since they have lots of rooms. Big thx to PC customer service that was able me to cancel my room and help us book a great place Holiday Inn express NW Parkdale Mall

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom T
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza and taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel. As I read your review I noticed that you did not have a great stay and I would love to discuss the issues that you endured so that we can ensure that the next guest does not have the same experience that you had. My email is Charles.Watts@jqh.com or you can call me directly at 409-842-7800.

Charles Watts
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Cons: Loud Atrium
Slow check-in
Extremely slow elevators - there are 2 for a hotel with 120 rooms. Everytime, stopped on every floor
Horrible Breakfast
No sheets, blanket or pillows for kids on pull out couch
A suite with one room and one TV - Really. Maybe Holiday inn needs to see what the 21st century competitor suites offer.
No towels at the pool

Pros: Cheap price. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family