“Wonderful Stay”

Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night. I booked the hotel on line through a discount web site. We were delighted with our large spotless room - very comfortable bed, large fluffy towels and it was very quiet. The staff was fantastic. We had a small, very good, breakfast in their dining room. We ordered a light breakfast from the menu, very reasonably priced, and they have a large breakfast buffet. The waterfall in the lobby was beautiful and not as loud as reported by others - it was turned off during an event in the huge lobby and left off over night. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor - right behind the waterfall - not at all noisy!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Traveler2013126

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My child's baseball team stayed here when we traveled to Beaumont for a baseball tournament. The pool was filthy. The water was so cloudy you could not see to the bottom. The water in the hot tub was green. There were no towels either. The waitress in the bar area was so kind, but she was completely overwhelmed with customers as the hotel was clearly not staffed sufficiently even though they were "sold out." The "free" breakfast was cold and the service was poor. Children ran the halls of this hotel all night and kept everyone awake. Beware...don't stay here!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wheresthebeach71
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza and taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel. As I read your review I noticed that you did not have a great stay and I would love to discuss the issues that you endured so that we can ensure that the next guest does not have the same experience that you had. I noticed that you stayed with our hotel in December during the weekend before our pool pump was replaced as it quit working during your stay time frame. I am happy to say that we replace not only the pool pump but installed all new filters for our pool and hot tub and the difference is amazing. I welcome you to contact me, my email is Charles.Watts@jqh.com or you can call me directly at 409-842-7800 so that I can arrange for a second chance for our hotel as we enjoy being the first and best choice in hotels for our baseball and softball games here in Beaumont.

Charles Watts

Reviewed January 25, 2013

A waterfall in the lobby greeted us. They turned it off at bedtime. We had a large comfortable room with an equally large bathroom. The room was "accessible", which seems to mean no counter space in the bathroom. I toughed it out, but my wife was a little disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank guicide
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We book this on our reward stay as a Priority Club Platinum member. Per reservation rep, we would promise a 2 bedroom presidential suite upon arrive as prat of out benefits, since they did have a some room open. As we arrive, we noticed the heavy humid smell in the lobby. Mostly due to the waterfall in the lobby, which look nice but a closer look it was pretty dirty. At check in we were greeted as PC Plat memeber, and offer a one room suite, small gifts and had no room as promise by the rep.

Our room had a small living section with sofa bed and desk, it was dark even with all the lights on. Other room was a king bed with the bathroom within the room instead of outside. This would not be worth the price posted, they do not offer any breakfast for PC members and the pool was not working. As they say something is wrong with the pump,which made the water look very nasty. Our kids was very disappointed, as they were lookin forward to the indoor pool. Requested sheets and pillow for the sofabed and was told they were out of pillows, really??? We just just check in it was only 4 pm.. While looking at the pool and walking around I hot a headache from the horrible smell of the waterfall. I had to check out I was not able to stay any longer.

Pro:
- nice waterfall
- easy access location
- greet PC member

Cons:
- humid misty lobby
- no pillow even with early request
- pool broken
- small dark dirty room
- low staff
- old decor and build "70-80" retro

I would not return to this place ever, I don't understand how this place can be one of the most $$$$ holiday inn in Beaumont. Must be price high just make money from local companies, since they have lots of rooms. Big thx to PC customer service that was able me to cancel my room and help us book a great place Holiday Inn express NW Parkdale Mall

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tom T
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza and taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel. As I read your review I noticed that you did not have a great stay and I would love to discuss the issues that you endured so that we can ensure that the next guest does not have the same experience that you had. My email is Charles.Watts@jqh.com or you can call me directly at 409-842-7800.

Charles Watts

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Cons: Loud Atrium
Slow check-in
Extremely slow elevators - there are 2 for a hotel with 120 rooms. Everytime, stopped on every floor
Horrible Breakfast
No sheets, blanket or pillows for kids on pull out couch
A suite with one room and one TV - Really. Maybe Holiday inn needs to see what the 21st century competitor suites offer.
No towels at the pool

Pros: Cheap price. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GigEm2011
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this particular hotel for 3 days. We have stayed here many times before; and the experience was average. However, this year, the stay was not nearly as pleasant as it should have been. First of all, our queen size bed was very, very uncomfortable. The mattress seemed to be "lumpy" and both my husband and I tossed and turned through the night. I was also disappointed with the bathroom sink as one could not close the drain because it was broken. As a result of this, I lost a contact lens down the sink! The small refrigerator freezer did not seem to freeze very well as my husband put in an ice cream bar the first night we were there. Two days later after not even opening the refrigerator at all during our stay, the ice cream bar was softer than it was when we purchased it! All in all, the hotel is nice to stay in; however, it can be very noisy at times!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lestell
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is actually a fairly nice layout for a Holiday Inn. It reminds me more of an old Crowne Plaza. There is a large open area in the middle of the building with a waterfall, which is a nice touch, except it is so loud that people in the lobby are literally shouting to hear each other. The entire hotel is dated.

There are no smoking rooms in this hotel, which is kind've odd given how old it is. I stayed on the first floor of the hotel for this reason. My room had a great layout. The room and bathroom were separated from a "den" by a door. The den included a small kitchenette with a small sink, microwave, and small refrigerator (with no freezer). There were also flat screen tvs in both the den and bedroom.

My main complaint about this hotel is the lack of cleanliness. When I arrived, there appeared to be barbeque sauce on the coffee table and there was a used toiletry item on the back of the toilet. Also, when I awoke the next morning, I saw a roach on the counter of the kitchenette.

The pool was being renovated when I stayed there and the fitness room was average.

The staff members seemed to be very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business