“Clean room, comfy bed”

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Clean room, comfy bed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

The room was the best one of my trip. Used the hot tub, which was adequate. They also have a work out room with some limited equipment. Be aware if you choose to pay in cash, they will require a $100 deposit for anything you might order (like room svc) It gets refunded at check out. Otherwise they will charge $25 on your debit card, but it may take 8-10 days to refund that. per their sign. All non smoking hotel. The hot water was nowhere near warm enough. I took my shower way early at around 0430, so it wasn't a high usage time. I got the room service for dinner and the food was good. ( I was too tired to go across the street to Papadeaux even though I love cajun food) Ice machine on my floor didn't work.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Charleston, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

I walked into this hotel and couldn't believe how old it was. I was treated rudely at check in and when I got to my room, it was dirty and stank. I tried to check out but the front desk manager refused to let me and went ahead and charged me for a night's stay. On principle, I ate the charge and stayed down the street at the much nicer Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank TripWorldTRVLR
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear TripWorldTRVLR,

I have read your review and would love to discuss our shortcomings with you. My email is Charles.Watts@jqh.com I would like to make it right if possible.

Charles Watts

Travelers are raving about these Beaumont hotels

College Station, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel is more of the older style Holiday Inns with a large atrium. I enjoyed it and found the front desk very friendly and helpful. Rooms were smaller than some of the newer hotels, but it was clean and had plenty of amenities. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Beaumont.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Opelousas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

I recently had my wedding ( ceremony & reception) in one the ballrooms and was absolutely pleased with the whole experience. The sales and catering staff helped me every step of the way by providing me with a list of vendors to help accomodate my destination wedding.

I could not have asked for a better weekend. My husband and I as well as our family who attended and stayed at the hotel were very happy with the service we received.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

We had a banquet there and I saw the MANAGERS eating our chicken wings. We could not even get to-go boxes for our food that we paid for. Would not book here NEVER again.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Kappapsi
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel 8/27/2011 for one night and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone in the Beaumont area. The title of the review should say it all. We arrived that evening around 3:00pm or so and departed the hotel and later returned at 2:30am that morning to find a roach in the bathroom sink. I requested a different room immediately and we relocated a few doors down the hall. I spoke with Charles Watts today as I'm requesting a refund for this stay. The hotel looks much nicer from the pictures and the highway, but once you check into your room you quickly learn the hotel is old and dated. I can now believe other reviews stating bed bugs exist within that hotel. This Holiday Inn Hotel is old, dated and obliviously not very clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank WilliamsTX
Provo, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

On the wide quality spectrum of Holiday Inns, this atrium-style hotel is on the nicer side. The public areas are well-kept and my room was clean and nicely appointed. Staff was friendly.

The wireless internet in this property, however, was abysmally slow during my stay, both during peak and non-peak hours. It was only suitable for the most basic web browsing tasks.

My east-facing room heated up quite a bit in the morning hours as well. The air conditioner was unable to keep up. At the time of my departure at about 10:30 am, the wall-mounted thermostat read 77 (despite being set at 70)..

Room Tip: East-facing rooms may be warm in the morning hours.