“Crazy's is Good!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Vidor, Texas
“Crazy's is Good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Now down to one location, this long time Beaumont area restaurant can still hold its own for good food.

Southeast Texas
“Average, Inexpensive Tex-Mex”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

My kids and I were in this part of Beaumont with time to kill one evening, so we decided to eat dinner at Crazy Jose's. I eat Mexican food around town quite a bit, but this was my first time at Crazy Jose's (rarely in this neighborhood). My first impression was that the hot sauce was bad. It looked bright red and "shiney" (the first thing that came to mind was that it looked a lot like ketchup) and it tasted very weak. By the way, I saw another review that said the hot sauce was very spicy. Maybe it varies from batch to batch.

We ordered a half-order of beef fajita nachos and 2 "kids" cheese enchilada dinners. The nachos were ok. There was plenty of meat, but way too much cheese. I didn't taste the enchiladas, but the kids like them very much.

Our only problem was a price mistake on our ticket, but was handled well by our waitress. The menu advertised kids drinks at $0.99. Both of my kids ordered a "kids" iced tea, but I was charged the full $2.00 adult price for each tea (which were in kids cups, by the way). The waitress apoligized and promptly took my ticket for adjustment. When she came back, she told me that she just took them off of my ticket altogether. I'm just glad that I paid attention to the prices on the menu and the charges on my ticket;)

Visited January 2012
Port Neches
“Great choices, good services, reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

I had the poblano pepper stuffed with chicken and topped with a nice creamy sauce. That is one dish I would definitely try again. My nephew, who is a little shy about trying new things and new places, decided that we should try this place. He found several options on the menu that he thought he would enjoy, so he settled for the 3 entree combo which was a very reasonable $7.79. He said that it was very good and included a tamale, chicken enchilada and a beef and bean burrito. They offered several toppings, and he went for the gravy, which he found to his liking. The total bill for two was $23.75, which I think is good price and good value.

Note that there are at least three additional locations for this restaurant and the website listed is for the Lumberton, Tx location.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Beaumont, Texas, United States
“Worst Service Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

We called one week in advance to let them know we were bringing a large school group before we were to attend a musical at the theatre. They said they would be prepared for us. The same day I stopped by an hour and a half before we would arrive to double check they had adequate staff to help serve us. We arrived there and stayed for 2 hours. They refilled the chips once, no refills on drinks, half of our party received their food and the other half did not. Kids were crying because they couldn't understand why they didnot get their food. After 2 hours we still had people who did not recieve their food. I had to retake those orders and write it down for the cooks. THey also were not able to get the checks to us so we could start paying. The manager was very rude along with some of the waitstaff who told us we were just going to have to wait, they had others to take care of. They were rude and made excuses about the lack of staff..over 10 of our kids had to get their food to go and eat on the bus. A parent had to stay back and settle the check so we would not miss our show. We still missed the first two scenes. It was the WORST experience I have ever had at a resturant.

Visited November 2011
3 Thank Amy R
Beaumont, Texas
“horrible!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2011

I along with a co-worker ordered the Jose grande burger and the other girl ordered a chicken fajita salad. When food arrived as soon as the salad was sat on the table there was found to be a huge bug curled up in the olives. The waitress was very apologetic, she offered to get another salad and said she would get the manager. The manager seemed to be more concerned with collecting the tab instead of apologizing for the mishap. She never one time apologized or showed any concern.. We will not be back!!!!

• Visited April 2011