“Clean and Quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Massachusetts
“Clean and Quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

The main reason I chose this hotel is because I was driving through looking for a place to stay and eat and I saw that it was near a Red Lobster. It's near the interstate, but about a block away so you don't hear the traffic and there are several restaurants about half a mile up the road.

When I stayed, the hotel was not very full, so there was lots of parking space in front of the room and it was extremely quiet.

Parking was behind the hotel, not visible from the street so that's nice in case you have to leave things packed in your car like I often do.

The room itself was very, very clean. the bed was comfortable and there were plenty of fluffy pillows. No stains or discolorations on the bedding or carpets at all. They looked new. The AC worked well and the bath was scrubbed clean. There were a few scuff marks on the baseboards near the walls, but this is the only thing I saw that gave away this was not a newly decorated room.

The free breakfast was the best because they had some hot options (biscuits and gravy) as well as the regular options like muffins, cereal, etc.

It was a good value for the price. the only reason I am giving it a 4 instead of 5 rating is because the neighborhood seemed a little sketchy in that it was a bit isolated with a few abandoned buildings (one old Holiday Inn) in the area and it didn't look like the most affluent part of town shall we say.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DaysInnBeaumont, Director of Sales at Days Inn Beaumont, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Daisy Dees
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Central Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

Close to many nearby events both downtown and near hwy 87 & I10. Easy access in any direction via service roads/interstate. Clerk named "Sam" was very helpful & polite.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DaysInnBeaumont, General Manager at Days Inn Beaumont, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Michael Giangrosso, CHA
Victoria, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

The only gripe I had is the location. It is in an area of town that doesn't have much around it. But the service was excellent. The morning and night receptionists were both very courteous and friendly. The breakfast was really good. The room was nice, clean and very cool when we checked in. The beds looked smaller than average but it was okay, not too comfy but will do if you just need a place to sleep and not relax. All in all, it was an okay stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank texas_mom77901
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2010

I am completely upset…..it is going on a month that I booked 4 rooms at days inn and got their crappy online reservations that book your room under a price lock (which was the only choice). We were traveling with a team. So besides the fact that my credit card got charge…….when the team parents got to the hotel to check in, the hotel also charged the parents for the room…Now I have been waiting going on a month to get my money back. If they don’t return it to me in a timely manner, I will be pursuing legal actions. There were other teams at this hotel that were being disasterous and basically scolded our kids for what the other kids were doing because they thought they were a part of the other team. The hotel was old and it smelled like cigarettes in our room, even though it was a non-smoking room. DONT EVER GO TO THIS HOTEL, BECAUSE IT IS OLD AND IT IS IN KIND OF A GHETTO NEIGHBORHOOD. Kind of expensive for the crappy rooms that we got. The cleaning crew was no prize either....(keep in mind we were traveling with teenagers) they were cursing the whole time that they were cleaning and I literally heard one of them say "these people are animals."

• Stayed December 2009
2 Thank Marlo16

Travelers are raving about these Beaumont hotels

Beaumont, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

I moved to Beaumont, TX because I got stationed here with the Coast Guard. I had to live in this motel for about 9 days while my wife and I were looking for a place to live. The motel is in a very sketchy part of town but, besides that there were no problems. I had both my vehicles LOADED with valuable items parked over the time of 8 nights and nothing was bothered. This motel had a great staff whom was very helpful and their rooms are worth all of the money paid. If I had to recommend a hotel to a friend I would highly recommend this one.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank CGSteeler
Richmond VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

We stopped here after a long (hot) day of driving. The rooms were cool, clean and looked new. There was a small workout room and a great free breakfast in the morning with Texas shaped waffles.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Winter Springs, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

The room is basically clean but it's old and kinda musty and the mildew in the bathroom is off-putting to say the least. I wouldn't stay here again for even less than I paid this time.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple