“Not Impressed” 1 of 5 bubbles

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #182 of 272 Restaurants in Beaumont
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Orange, Texas
“Not Impressed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Everytime I go here (3 times total) I can't understand why they have business. The food is terrible the service terrible. I guess people like to see their waitstaff dance is all. I've had a waitress forget me and if you complain about food or service to bad because they don't really care.

Northfield
“Disappointing Crab Shack”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was so excited to see a Crab Shack just off the highway, but was dismayed and disappointed once inside. The wait staff was noisily chatting together and ignored our arrival. The waitress was surly and unattentive. The restaurant was dark, dirty, and smelly. If we hadn't been so hungry, we would have left. The food took a long time to arrive; it was adequate but nothing up to Joe's Crab Shack standards.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
“Smelled Like Old Dead Fish”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

we actually had to get up and leave......I like Joes...but the one in Beaumont....I just can't stomach.......

Visited June 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I was just passing through and since I had never eaten at a Joe's before, thought I would stop in. The hostess was very friendly. She was a little shocked when I told her it was my first time. She was very thorough going over the menu. When the waitress came, she was very nice and helpful. She answered all of my questions quickly and thoroughly. The food was very good. I ordered the Classic Steamer and the queen crab was my favorite. I will be going back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Overrated & over priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the Arctic Bay steampot. The food was ok, nothing special it all tasted the same, fishy and salty. I felt the price was high for "sea food". The tables are clean and the service average. The food could have been better for the $37+ tab. Like all chain restaurants prices are higher, standards are lower. Won't be back to this location anytime soon.

• 2 of 5 bubbles