“Happenin' Place”

Ranked #9 of 278 Restaurants in Beaumont
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I went by for lunch at 2:30 PM on Saturday and the place was SRO. I found one seat at the end of the bar and Derrick, the bartender, made it work until the people next to me left and I moved over to a regular bar space. I'm guilty of ordering the same thing at every Cheddar's I visit and, although I looked to see if anything else caught my eye, I defaulted to my usual, the Grilled Chicken Pecan Salad with ranch dressing. Just like every other time I've made that choice, it was very good. They also had another item that caught my eye, a selection of "mini" desserts. I ordered the key lime pie. It was served in a shot glass and was just the right size for those of us who are looking for "just a taste" of something sweet to cap off the meal. Derrick was very good and was careful to introduce himself to everyone seated at the bar. All in all, a first rate experience!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stopped here for a late dinner on a Friday night. We were seated right away and our server took our order but after that we rarely saw her. The food was delivered by runners who were fast and efficient. We enjoyed an appetizer and fish tacos. Both were delicious. My companion finished his drink before he had finished his food but our server was nowhere in sight. She finally showed up as we finished eating and brought the refills we requested right away. Then she disappeared again for 10 minutes so we could not pay and leave. As we were getting ready to call a manager over we saw her finally and got the check. Very disappointing service but great food selections.

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Food was OK but server was very rude

We entered 20 min before an early closing but server first went to the greeter to complain about seating us and she wanted to not serve us

She was sent back to us and that made for poor service as you could imagine

No cream for tea

No sides as ordered

This place is banned for six months

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Cheddar's is always a great choice. The food is extremely consistent and the wait staff on target! Try it!!

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

My second visit to a Cheddars. This time had a fabulous 12oz rib eye for only $13.99, seasoned to perfection. Our New Orleans pasta dish and loaded potato were great too. There was a 45 min wait on Sat night.