“Wow!! Surprise, surprise, surprise!!”

Boomtown BBQ Company
Ranked #48 of 277 Restaurants in Beaumont
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Unfussy counter-serve joint with traditional and Twisted BBQ offerings, plus a drive-thru window. We take call-in orders, order at the counter or order at the drive-thru and your meal will be ready in no time! We also handle large orders for parties, office meetings or family gatherings. Orders over $100 qualify for free delivery in Beaumont with at least a 24-hour notice. A fun, family-friendly atmosphere rounds off our excellent customer service.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were on a trip from Atlanta to Houston and wanted to have some Texas barbecue. Did a quick Google search and found Boomtown Barbecue with some great reviews. Was only 5 minutes off the beaten track of Route I-10 but are we glad we took the 5 minutes!

First, it was quick. You go up to the counter, order and pick up your food.

Second, the food was great!! We highly recommend the half/full rack of ribs. These were some of the best-tasting, moistest ribs we've ever had.

Third, the people were helpful and friendly!

Fourth, the price was right! Very reasonable prices!

Highly recommend this place!

There are newer reviews for Boomtown BBQ Company

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Looked dodgy from the outside.
Great ribs, coleslaw and pulled pork. What a find. Texas BBQ how it's meant to be done.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife found Boomtown on TripAdvisor while we were passing through Beaumont, Tx and decided to give it a try. WE WERE NOT disappointed. I had the Pulled Pork Nachos and was extremely happy with the choice. My kids tried the blackberry cobbler and the apple cobbler. They both gave them the thumbs up.

2  Thank jcp001
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a great place for tender smoked ribs. My wife and I love Franklin's BBQ in Austin and was so surprised when we tried the ribs here at BoomTown BBQ. After 5pm, if your lucky enough to be passing though Beaumont on a Tues or Thur they have a 1/2 rack for $7 or full rack for $14 (which is $5 off). The dirt rice is excellent as well. We split a full rack and get a large dirt rice between us. It is located in a strip shopping center in the west end of the city on Calder Ave. I had been a fan of the thicker tomato base BBQ sauce, but this one is a thinner vinegar type BBQ sauce, more like the west Texas or Austin area. It took me by surprise at first, but it is so tasty that it is now my favorite. They wrap it in butcher paper like many BBQ places do in better known joints around the state. We tried the Shed BBQ in Louisiana and in Florida and places famous for BBQ in Taylor,Tx , Elgin, Tx (Southside Market & Meyer's) New Zion Baptist Church in Huntsville (know for BBQ), Countyline & Franklin's in Austin and Rudy's in Houston, to name a few. I love Franklin's, the best brisket & ribs, but the ribs at Boomtown BBQ are better than 95% of those I've tried. They make limited amount of ribs, so they do run out. SOOOO GOOD! About 2 short miles off IH-10.Quickest route from I-10, take College St (US90) west to Dowlen Rd, turn Rt., 1st signal is Calder Ave., turn Rt. 2nd Rd on Rt is Junker Rd. turn Rt. BBQ is on left in last store front. The zip code is 77706 if using a GPS for address shown above. Enjoy!
Side note: if others in your group want seafood (catfish & shrimp) the shop two doors down from this Boomtown BBQ (same strip center) is Ron's Seafood. Great (makes it when you order it) food at very reasonable price, 3 piece catfish with fries and 1 side $6.99. Very Good fish and shrimp.

1  Thank Iflyfish28
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great sausage, very nice Ribs and Pork! The Ribs are dry, and the sausage is spicy. Pork platters are served in 1/4 lb increments.