“I expected more from Marriott.”
Review of Courtyard Beaumont

Courtyard Beaumont
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed in this hotel one night only when we were in town visiting with family. I was a little disappointed in the hotel, just because I expected more from a Marriott. But, I think it's just an old hotel, so it's hard to make it really nice. Also, there was construction going on, so it's probably not at its best right now.

However, the staff was very friendly. The room was clean, and the bathroom was very nice. I would stay here again in a pinch, but might explore other options if I am in Beaumont again soon.

They did give a free breakfast the morning we were there because of the construction, but I don't think the breakfast is normally free.

The AC and something else that I later found out was a de-humidifier were both pretty loud, so I didn't get much sleep. The bed was not that comfortable to me, but the rest of my family thought the beds were fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Nathan A, General Manager at Courtyard Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. I appreciate your candid comments, and I'm so glad that you found our hotel to be very clean and our staff very friendly during your visit. On behalf of our entire team, we appreciate your business and look forward to having you back as our guest.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Beaumont

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Seemed to be fairly clean, but old. For the price, there are much better places to stay in Beaumont. Fixtures were gold and carpet hasn't be replaced in over ten years. Also, breakfast cost $8.95. It is usually free in this quality of hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Roy A, Manager at Courtyard Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for bringing this important matter to our attention, please know that this issue is currently being investigated, thank you.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was our first visit to this property although we have stayed at numerous Courtyards in the past. This hotel had the friendliest staff we have encountered anywhere except for a Springhill Suites on Santa Rosa Island. I would also like to add that these hotel crews who go out of their way for you definitely make a difference. And this is why we continue to make them our homes away from home. This hotel seemed to be well maintained and was extremely clean. It is probably 7-8 hears old and carpets, furniture and wallpapers are still looking good. It being New Year's Day we just about had the hotel to ourselves which made a trip to the indoor pool very pleasant. This property gets an "A" except for a couple of maintenance items. 1. Florescent lighting over the lavatory in need of ballast change -- light was very dim. 2. Drain line in bathtub was very slow. Other than this it was great. Extra pillows, and bed was extremely comfortable. We will stay here again. Full breakfast buffet for $8.95. Also cook to order option.

Room Tip: Ask for a one BR - Two room Suite. They are nice and spacious and have a balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your detailed comments. Constructive feedback from our guests helps us acheive our goals of continuous improvement and consistently exceeding the expectations of our guests. I am so pleased that you found our staff to be among the friendliest you have encountered - that's very motivating and encouraging to hear! Thank you for your business.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I spent a Saturday night at this hotel and really enjoyed it. The suite was in the perfect location for us...end of the hall and a balcony view that was really pretty. Only complaint was that the sofa in the sitting room was hard as a rock to sit on - although it was a sofabed. It wasn't conducive to sitting and reading for any length of time. However, the good totally outwayed that one issue.

The staff was also VERY accommodating and friendly. Recommended a great place to eat, too.

Oops, rated roomservice and didn't have room service, but if we had, it would have been excellent too :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nathan A, General Manager at Courtyard Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to hear you had such a good stay and enjoyed your suite. Our suites are very popular. As you mention, the balcony makes for a nice view. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Beaumont sometime soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This Courtyard Marriott was clean and comfortable. The staff was very efficient and friendly. My wife and I only stayed one night while passing through Beaumont and would stay again in the future. There is some need for attention to detail, such as minor peeling on wallpaper corners in the bathroom, but nothing major. Again, the room was clean and comfortable and priced right!

-HungryJohn

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Nathan A, General Manager at Courtyard Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

CY was about as expected. I thought it was a little dated, but not too bad. Might just be an older property. They can't all be brand new. The staff was very nice. Breakfast buffet (8 or 9$) was standard. I sometimes forget about the cook to order option which I did there -- good omlette. A nice touch was a dehumidifier (I prob spelled this wrong) in the room, and a fridge and microwave. Didn't really need them on this trip, but it could come in handy and prob good to know. Ran on a treadmill in the AM -- it was hot in there, but got the job done. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Nathan A, General Manager at Courtyard Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for your comments. Yes...our cook-to-order omelettes are very popular. I'm glad you had the chance to try one. You'll be pleased to know that our guest-controlled personal dehumidifiers - also very popular - are available in each one of our guestrooms. This unique amenity is just one of the ways we help our guests beat the Southeast Texas heat and humidity! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beaumont.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

First I would like to personally thank staff member Marisa for outstanding service provided this past weekend during our stay for a baseball tournament. There were a couple of unruly parents who attempted to ruin a perfectly good stay and she was professional and courteous in resolving the issues.

Pros: good size rooms, VERY comfortable beds with plenty of pillows and covers, in room AC/Dehumidifier, Fridge, Microwave, quiet, excellent breakfast (11 yr old said it was the best he'd ever had!) OK, all relative. Indoor pool, fast elevator, friendly/helpful staff and helpful with recommendations for restaurants and directions

Cons: These are minor. Shower head is short if you're 5ft 11, small shower towels and sink drains slowly.

Highly recommend this location and will stay here again. It really does make a difference when you have experienced, friendly staff members who go above and beyond to make you feel welcomed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Nathan A, General Manager at Courtyard Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to hear that you had such a good stay. I'll pass your comments along to our team. On behalf of all of us, we look forward to your next stay.