“Terrible service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Del Rio
Ranked #48 of 272 Restaurants in Beaumont
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Open and inviting, fiesta-style atmosphere! Once you enter, you will be greeted by one of our friendly staff. You may make your way to the bar area, be seated in a cozy booth, or find your group waiting to "surprise" you with gifts and laughter! We have outdoor seating available under our newly covered patio, fans with misters for the hot days, and heaters for the cooler weathered days. On certain nights, we include entertainment (no door fee!) and our singers are request friendly! Parking is available on the property as well as across the street in a neighborhood hotel lot. Our friendly security guard will pick you up and take you back to your vehicle if needed.
Beaumont, Texas, United States
“Terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

The food is really good. The service is horrible. Because of the service, I seldom eat here. Such a shame because I enjoy their food. Every now and again I go back hoping things have changed. So far it has not. Met three others there for lunch who told me they had already waited 20 minutes for a server. They went to the bar and ordered their own drinks to bring to the table and had to get their own menu's. When they got their food, no silverware was brought to them. Personally, I had a margarita and left.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lisa C

Vidor, Texas
“My favorite Tex/Mex in Beaumont”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a very large facility with a wide variety of seating availability that is both indoor and outdoor. I love their beef fajitas. Their staff and managers are always exceptionally friendly and helpful. One of my other favorite dishes is the stuffed shrimp that is wrapped in bacon. Delicious! I highly recommend Cafe Del Rio!

Visited September 2012
Tyler, Texas
“Owners need to pay attention...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

...to the other reviews here. This place could be so much more! The food is good, but the service is horrible! You would have thought we were bothering the "hostess" upon entering.Really?? ...should we have to ask her for a table for two before she ever says anything? I would expect a greeting and a invitation for seating from HER! After being seated our server was only slightly more energetic and at times we had to look around for her.Most of the other waitstaff were standing toward the back talking with each other. Hot sauce not re-filled, water glass empty,extra napkins needed.Come on, these are basic things any server should be on top of. Whoever the owner is, he or she should visit to find out what is going on here and make necessary changes to save his restaurant! Get these things taken care of and this place would be a local favorite!

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank chext57
Beaumont, Texas
“Great Quesadillas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I've had several dishes at Cafe Del Rio and have never been disappointed in any of them. Today I had the Chicken Quesadillas. They were very flavorful, and full of chicken and cheese. The salsa was extremely tasty (probably my favorite of all the Mexican restaurants in Beaumont), the chips were very fresh, crispy and warm, and the guacamole had a great flavor and was really fresh. We never had to ask for a refill on our drinks, because our waitress (Tracey) was very attentive, as well as friendly and courteous. I would recommend Cafe Del Rio to anyone and everyone!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“We gave Cafe Del Rio 2nd Chance....very mediocre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had been before and weren't all that impressed but decided to give Cafe Del Rio a second chance. Saturday night ...about 7pm and a handful of people waiting so we decided to grab an open table in the bar area. Apparently, they were so busy that the bus boys stacked dirty dishes on the floor next to the bar until they could be carried back to the kitchen...not a big deal but also un-appitizing to look at. I ordered the margarita special with no price...ended up being $10.50. (over-priced). We decided to split the beef Nachos El Carbon ($10.99) and a side of additional quacomole.($3.50) Nachos had maybe three spoonfuls of fajita meet sprinkled on top and the side quacomole was pitifully small...maybe a half scoop. Not impressed.

• Visited July 2012