“I loved it and so did my 2 year old”
Review of Gator Country

Gator Country
Ranked #4 of 35 things to do in Beaumont
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Wildlife and Alligator Adventure Park. Home of the legendary "BIG AL" at 13'4" and now introducing "Big Tex" at 13'8.5" largest live alligator capture in the world.
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

We were the first ones there June 5th 2014. Admission is a bit much but it's okay because it feeds the animals. Our guide was Christina. She knows her stuff. We got to touch a few animals. The thing we liked the most was the little show with big Al.. Some guy would make Big Al snap his mouth..it was really cool. My little boys face was priceless. After the tour we just walked around feeding the alligators. .....they all start coming towards you when you throw the food... went to gift shop.. shirts are $20 adults and kids.. Overall I liked it.

I came back in the afternoon with my daughter ...it was a bit different in the afternoon. . It was like 4:30 or so... Their website says that starting June hours are 10-6pm so I went thinking it was more than enough time. When we get there I am told they will be closing at 5pm. I tell them what their website says. They kept telling me they close at 5 and that they been closing at 5. Again I tell them that their website says that starting June they close at 6. I never got an answer regarding that. I just said it was fine. Our second guide was informative but not like our first. Out first guide will take us to the next exhibit while our second would ask us what we wanted to see next. We went straight to big Al. He managed to get him out and snap his mouth. Loved it like the first time. My daughter was scared of the alligators so it wasn't a big deal. We went back to the baby alligators and my daughter finally touched it. She wanted to take him home :-)

Overall I really enjoyed both my visits.
Oh and when I called before I went the second time the guy that answerd the phone made my chuckle :-)

He answered the phone by saying "thank you for calling so and so what's your favorite color? Lol I sort of froze and said "excuse me but right away I said Orange. :-)

1  Thank Deana S
"the main attraction"
"gift shop"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

This place was pretty cool. I DEFINITELY recommend getting an "adventure package" compared to just the general admission. It's like $10 more and you actually get to wade in a little pool with baby alligators and hold them. You also get to sit on a big one and take a pic with the package deal. I think I would have been pretty disappointed if we would have done just the general admission for $15. Don't get much for your money on that one. Except walking around a bunch of fenced in ponds and looking at gators from afar. Getting to hold the gators and let them swim around my feet made it worth wild! Would be a good place to take young kids. All in all I was pleased with Gator Country!

3  Thank Campbellcayla
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stopped by Gator Country on our way from New Orleans on the spur of the moment. This is a true labor of love, these folks are always on call to rescue any gator anytime anywhere. We were able to see the biggest and oldest gator in Texas. Big Al looks as if he rules the area very well. We would recommend this attraction to everyone. They do shows that are very educational as well as entertaining. We spoke to some of the interns who were learning how to do gator rescue, they were very informative. From the baby gators, reptiles, holding a 4 foot gator, watching the men catch and secure a gator for safe transport all of the events were great. Stop by, it's well worth the entry fee. Just remember this is a rescue, no kill attraction. They can use all the donations they can get I'm sure.

1  Thank P G
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in just in time for show. It was ok, silly little scare gags & facts that most ppl probably already know. The staff was all nice. Big Al was quite impressive. Not bad, kids will like it.