“A Smart Investment”

Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Salt Lake City, Utah
“A Smart Investment”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is my second stay here at the Red Roof Inn. I can say based on my experiences both times that this is a wonderful well rounded hotel and a great deal for the price. They offer veterans discounts too. The staff, especially Kaleb who is beautiful on the inside and out, is mostly sweet, friendly, respectful and very accommodating. My only 2 real problems I have had are dogs and Wifi. Its a dog friendly hotel which is good for dogs, not so good for guest around rooms with barking dogs, allergic to dogs or like to walk out into the grassy areas. Dog friendly hotels seem to be a new thing to me. I was moved to another room which was a slight inconvenience but I was satisfied as far as the barking goes. I had to come down for keys here but at another RRI for a different matter they conveniently brought the keys up. The Wifi is simply ridiculous. Upload and download speed is comparable to dial up. In 2014 there is simply no excuse for this. I've never had it as a problem with several other hotels I've been at for all the years I've traveled. This dilemma causes a lot of buffering, freezing up & audio to play without video. Data needy apps or programs will glitch or simply not work that have even the most basic system requirements. When penny pinching motivated this hotel to switch internet providers is apparently when this inconvenience of speed was passed off to its guest too. It by itself for me will discourage future stays here. Its something they should consider worthy of raising their price a little to offset IT upgrades. Other then that and if you don't have a significant need for internet (student, business, movie streaming) then it is a great place to stay. I have read a lot of the other comments and would say it appears the few negative ones' are very petty or biased. Especially Travelinggal51 who shows obvious issues with OCD

Room Tip: Request distance from rooms with dogs
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
ursula m, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you at the Red Roof Inn Beaumont for your future travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This was my first and based on this experience, probably last stay at a Red Roof Inn. I was skeptical, but decided to try it based on the positive reviews here. First of all it is not as represented in the photos shown. It may have looked nice when first opened, but it is really showing wear. Everything is very cheaply done. We had a room with 2 beds and there were only 2 bath towels, 2 washcloths and 1 hand towel. We only had 2 people, but if we had more, I guess I would have had to go to the front desk to ask for more towels. One of the hand towels was either dirty or stained and I had to go swap it out. The desk clerk opened a vacant room and got one from there for me. The sheets were so thin, you could read through them and had holes in them too, as well as a cigarette burn in the blanket and we had a non smoking room. The bottom of the bathtub was either stained or dirty. There was no blow dryer in the room. Everything was bare bones and not at all nice. I'm sure it was nicer when new and it was decorated nicely. We did not have the nice shower described here, we had a tub. The "hard wood" floors described here only go as far as the entry way of the room, the rest is carpeted. It is dog friendly, so if you need a place to stay with your dog, this might be a good option, there were lots of dogs in the hallways. The front desk clerk was nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travlingal51
ursula m, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. In reading that review, there were some issues with your stay. I sincerely apologize and would like to discuss these issues with you. You can contact me at the hotel at your convenience. The number is 409-842-8200.

Travelers are raving about these Beaumont hotels

San Clemente, California
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 1 night. Very nice hotel staff. Great restaurant next door for Seafood and Gumbo..FLOYDS... We have a service dog and there was plenty of grass to walk her. We utilized the laundry room which was very helpful. Right off the I10 freeway. The rate for the room was great. No breakfast but hot coffee available. We had a room with a fridge and cook top, all for under 65.00...

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest! We hope to see you back soon!
Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I was exhausted and food drunk after Xmas dinner with family and Kayla was very friendly, efficient and empathetic. I was checked in and in a room in less than 8 minutes...One of my best Xmas gifts...Thank you from a sure to stay again customer

Room Tip: No tip needed! Great location right off I-10 is all I got
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
ursula m, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Our staff strives to provide excellent customer service to all of our customers. It is nice to know that we succeeded! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest. We hope to see you back soon!
Camp Pendleton
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Some what surprised by what I saw when I got to the room, if all Red Roof Inn's looks like this one I will be considering staying there wherever I go. Was ever updated, clean and comfortable bed's nice flat screen TV, just well out together. The bathroom was also very updated but more over the value is the best part.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
ursula m, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and look forward to having you for your future travels!
Reviewed December 10, 2013

So, I decided to try the Red Roof Inn because they didn't charge for pets and they were number #5 on TA versus my other choice, Days Inn which was #6 and for the price I said, "hey...why not?" Boy was that a bad idea...my first impression is seeing a woman in pajamas sitting in the lobby talking loudly on the phone, and from the way she was interacting with the front desk attendant...I assume she works here. Putting that aside, I get no information about any amenities, but at least I got a room key...so I was told to park at the end of the building and come to find out I would have fared better parked where I was, as my room was at the opposite end of where she told me. I get to the room, and it REEKS of cigarette smoke. I try to get over it, but it was over powering...I go down to tell the front desk, and she was on the phone...so I just brushed it off, at shift change I told (Quita?) about it and she said she would switch my room, which she did and it was fine...but she made me walk all the way downstairs, with all my stuff...instead of bringing me a key.This only bothers me because it was a simple thing she could have done to make my stay more pleasant, and she too was on the phone with what sounds like a friend not a customer.

Disappointing, from someone who has worked in hotels for years.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Red Roof Inn! I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. In reading that review, you mention some issues at check in. I can assure you that this is not the standard for us. I have addressed these issues with my clerk (s), and the long term guest that was sitting in the lobby. Again, my sincerest apology. We look forward to seeing you for future travels!
Palmer, Alaska
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We are traveling with a pet and Red Roof accepts pets without any extra charge, which is a nice bonus. The room was very accessible from the lobby and very modern in decor. The bed was very comfortable and large (king). The room had a strange smell when the heater came on and was a bit disconcerting. We figured there was an air freshener of unusual scent installed in the heater......The bath area was spacious and the hotel was quiet. Only coffee was offered in the morning. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ursula m, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this review, December 4, 2013