“Plain Jane on the outside jewel on the inside”

Comfort Suites Beaumont
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was one of many hotels we stayed at on our road trip up the Gulf Coast. We did not make reservations and we passed many hotels along the freeway looking for a Comfort Suites, as we pulled up I noticed the curtains falling off the rods in the front window....I was thinking, "Oh no this C.S. is run down, maybe we shouldn't have passed the other hotels." But we decided that Comfort Suites has a good rep. so we decided to chance it. So happy we did, our room was very spacious and comfortable, The indoor pool was welcoming and clean. Our bed was very comfortable, the linens were crisp and clean, the room was very quiet! The outside looked very plain but our room inside was a jewel.
I do have to mention that the desk clerk was not overly friendly and did not really make us feel welcome even though we tried to engage her in conversation when we left for dinner. Perhaps some hospitality classes would be a good idea! I will say that when we checked out the only people that talked to us was the maids cleaning the other rooms and they wished us a safe travel.
I did miss not having an outdoor pool but the indoor pool was ok as far as indoor pools go, the pool hours were later than other hotels we had stayed at on our trip so that is a plus.
The breakfast was average and really nothing special, I would have liked to see more fruit set out besides bananas but it was ok. The WIFI worked fine in our room and was easy to access, the desk clerk wrote down the password on our key card envelope but did not tell us that was what it was, we just figured that out ourselves, hence earlier mention of the clerk not being overly friendly. I would stay here again if I was ever in this area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back part of the hotel as it is more quiet, we liked the room at the rear of t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Clean and quiet on July 2nd but reservation not followed, nonchalent personnel, non working jacuzzi, internet intemittent and no one answered FD at 10PM or the next AM at checkout. Offered a 7$ disciount and still no reward points a week later.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have stayed a fair amount of hotels in Beaumont over the years and have found this one is the best one for the price. Amazingly the hotel prices in Beaumont are really high. For $80 a night excluding taxes it's really nice and get all you need for a business trip. The breakfast well it's a breakfast in a hotel, nothing to special at all. The choice of channels on the tv is amazing opposed to some who only give you a hand full. The beds are nice and firm but not to hard. It will be the only hotel I will stay at in Beaumont from here on out. There is an indoor pool which I haven't used because well it's an indoor pool.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BenH989
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years. On the up side, the rooms are always clean, comfortable and quiet. The location is a great "easy off/easy on" to I-10. Their prices are very reasonable, and the internet is great.

On the down side, the staff is usually cold and seems angry. Maybe they're having lots of bad days, but this last time, it was really bad. A couple nit-picky things are that the desk chair is WAY too low for the desk, making any kind of computer work painful (literally) and nearly impossible. They lock the TV's, so I can't connect my iPad to the TV to watch a movie (unable to switch the input).

I'm probably not going to stay here anymore and stay across the interstate at the Hampton for about the same price.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My family often book hotel rooms because our kids want to swim and there are no public pools in Beaumont. I chose this hotel because it had an indoor pool (and free breakfast with a waffle maker!) It's an inexpensive mini vacation for us. I would not stay here again for the following reasons: 1) the pool was icy cold. Even for the middle of summer it was too cold- around 72 degrees. The "hot" tub was anything but hot. 2) The pool area reeked of mold and mildew. It was an acrid odor and had it not been raining I would have propped open the outside door for ventilation. 3) the hallway and our room smelled of mold and mildew. 4) there was no clock in the pool area and when the pool closed at 10pm they simply turned off the lights with no warning. Our children were still in the pool and I could barely see in the dark to pick up our belongings. I felt this was rude and unsafe. Had there been a clock visible I would have known it was closing time and left before the lights shut off. The desk staff could have walked 5 ft to the pool door and given us a verbal notice that they were closing. My family was not the only people in the pool and there was a bit of chaos while we were all trying to pack up our belongings in the dark. On the positive side, our bed was comfortable and the waffles were delicious.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Last minute reservations and never turned down. Friendly staff and clean reasonably priced rooms. Never had a problem. Newer hotel with clean rooms. Always quiet. Forgot receipt on last trip and they emailed it to me as soon as I requested it. Will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We didn't have any reservations and the first hotel we stopped at (across the street) only had a King Suite that was more than we wanted to pay so we checked out this one and got a Double Queen Suite for $40 less. The room was like new. Since we had been on the road traveling for a week, this was a VERY relaxing room for a night's stay. Dining was a short drive away or fast food within walking distance. They had a great breakfast option in a relaxing area. We will stay again if we pass by that way.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple