“Soft-shelled crabs and gumbo were treats!”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 275 Restaurants in Beaumont
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
“Soft-shelled crabs and gumbo were treats!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We chose Pappadeaux's for dinner because it was conveniently located near our hotel. We had dined at a Pappadeaux's in Albuquerque which was not bad. Almost immediately after being seated, we were served French bread and butter. Our server was quite good, and very helpful when queried about various items on the menu. I was particularly pleased to find soft-shelled crabs were available and fresh. We shared a small Pappas Greek salad, and it was delicious. My order of 2 soft-shelled crabs actually included 3 crabs because they were a bit smaller then they usually are. This was a very generous portion, however. Instead of dirty rice as the side, I ordered grits with andouille sausage. Very good choice, and not something I had ever tasted before. My husband really enjoyed his bowl of "Andy and seafood" gumbo. He shared one of the oysters from the gumbo and I gave him a portion of the grits.
Prices are a bit high, but the meal was well worth it.
The restaurant is very noisy, but the interior is also quite large so many patrons were seated. One should not go to Pappadeax's expecting a quiet meal. We asked our server whether the patrons were mostly local, and he said they are from all over the surrounding areas. People do not usually drive from Houston, since Pappadeax's is located there, too.

Visited March 2014

• Korean first
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good food”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The food was good but overpriced even with lunch menu. I ate at the bar as it was crowded. Hot french bread and butter was great though.

Visited March 2014
Glenwood, Arkansas
“A 10”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Easily, one of the best restaurants in Beaumont. The food, a 10, the service, a 10, cleanliness and décor, a 10. The warm French bread was above average, the salad and dressing was above average, and the tilapia charcoaled was certainly above average. This place did everything right. Its expensive, but you are paying for quality and they deliver.

• Visited March 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Go for the Chilean Sea Bass!!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I've had Chilean Sea Bass at finer restaurants and at a higher price. But, this special was exceptional. The "Pappa" experience not only broiled the fish exceptionally to perfection in a butter sauce but topped it with jumbo and I do mean JUMBO lump crab meat! Sitting on top of a bed of sautéed spinach and grilled tomatoes! The sauce that topped the whole thing was very light and tasteful. The price point of this entrée was $34.00. I would go for this dish again and again. My lovely wife had jumbo sea scallops toped with spicy grilled jumbo shrimp. She let me taste it and it too was an exceptional dish. We ordered the grilled Salmon appetizer and side salads to accompany our meal and the total before tip was $86. I will be back next time I am in town!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank HPCBarnabas
Montreal, Canada
“Good food and service ”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Great food and good service. Don't be shy to ask for blackened since pretty much everything is fried. Chris our waiter was quick and friendly. Definitely recommend this place.