“SUPURB!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Just passing through on our way to Houston and my friend suggested we stop to eat at Pappadeaux - OMG!! She said I wouldn't be sorry and she was right! From the minute we walked through the doors, I felt catered to. The staff were very attentive and we had great service. She and I shared the Greek salad, oysters and shrimp dishes. WOW! I was looking forward to coming back on our way home. You get what you pay for and the dinner was worth every dollar.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We eat here when we don't want a quiet meal. The place is very loud most busy times. The food is good but pricy for what you get. Last time we were there the 5 or 6 kids at the next table destroyed our mealtime with running around our table yelling and playing and never being seated at theirs. The adults with them and management never said a word.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I used to be a Pappadeaux fiend. From special occasions to an average night out, it seemed as though we always ended up at Pappadeaux's. As of late, however, we've found ourselves disappointed on nearly ever front.

Firstly, I will say that the service at Pappadeaux is, hands down, one of the best in the area. They're staffed with an army of waiters/waitresses that wait on you hand and foot. I can't recall a single experience in which I ever had to seek someone out for a refill. But, unfortunately, that is where the good ends.

The food? It's average. It isn't something that I'd find myself craving, writing home about, or ordering for a second time. Though there are some decent things on the menu, it seems as though everything is either incredibly bland or disgustingly spicy with no other real flavors.

The prices? Pappadeaux's has always been fairly expensive. Over the past couple of years, however, they've simply become absurd. A basic meal between two people will peak over $60-70 without even considering the tip.

All in all, I'd rather find somewhere else. Being in the Gulf Coast region of Texas, there are plenty of other alternatives that are for more delicious for a far more reasonable price.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Recently had a date night and went to one of our favorites, Pappadeaux's! Love the beautiful dining room and great patio dining in nice weather. Had the seafood spring rolls for apps and they were awesome. Food always great!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great food ! Very good staff My only complaint is its noisy and wish it had more booths Tables are small and really close together Still my favorite !