“Fit My Need”

Residence Inn Beaumont
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I go to Beaumont for work occasionally, and this is a good option. The room layout, condition, and size were great. I had to work in the evenings, and the space was comfortable. The staff was helpful, and the fitness center was on par with this type of establishment. Free breakfast was a good amenity as always, but quality was just sub-par... almost poor. The property was clean and well kept.

Room Tip: Hotel is VERY spread out. If you can't walk far, ask for room near front desk/elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed December 17, 2011

This place has lot to offer, Rooms are equipped with full kitchen, including stove and dishwasher!!! I am veggie by choice and on my business trip, and coming late in the evening, everything close by that time, This place I can cook little bit to feed my stomach at late night.

Room Tip: Very good suites at small place loke Baumont, Tx
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My elderly mother, my younger 2 children (7 and 9), and I recently stayed at this Residence Inn. Prior to our arrival, we called the hotel that morning to see what would be included in the manager's reception as we were trying to decide between stopping here or trying to make it to a Houston Residence Inn. When the staff member indicated chicken fajitas, we immediately made reservations here.

Upon arrival and going to the reception, we discovered that sometime during the day they had changed the menu from fajitas to baked potatoes and steamed veggies (Fajitas were even listed on the in-room listing). While this is understandable, there were quite a few upset persons at the reception that they had expected fajitas (more especially the men) as they had planned their dinner plans around this and many left without eating anything and were upset. My young son and daughter don't like baked potatoes and my mother is diabetic and can't eat them, so we decided to order delivery (as we are unaccustomed to the area and it was already dark). My son and mom were a little disappointed. I will say that the steamed veggies were very good.

Our next problem is there were no sheets in the room for the pull-out sofa. That was easy to fix, but we discovered that on the sheets of the king bed there were several stains roughly the size of a dime (or slightly smaller) near the upper 1/3 of the sheet. They were the color of either chocolate or dried blood and definitely set-in stains (not fresh - the sheets smelled "clean", but either way, they were gross. We called the front desk about both issues and the staff person brought us new, clean sheets for both beds. We also discovered, when I was about to put our dirty plates (from the pizza we ordered) into the dishwasher that there were about 1/2 a dozen dishes in the dishwasher (clean and washed, but we hadn't used them - they were there when we opened the dishwasher).

There were some positives - the location was good and seemed safe. The pool looked really nice, though we didn't use it. My kids enjoyed playing on the basketball court. The room was large and plenty of room.

For breakfast, it was good and they served scrambled eggs, bacon, croissants, as well as typical continental fare. The morning staff near the breakfast area seemed pleasant.

While we had some disappointments here, I do not believe that they are problems that could not be quickly addressed by the staff (as were some that evening). Though, my mother seemed more disappointed and I'm not certain that I could convince her to give this place another chance. It seemed like it had a lot of potential though to be a wonderful place.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the stream - we didn't know it was there until we were leaving the ne...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BronteReed
Ryan H, General Manager at Residence Inn Beaumont, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to personally thank you for the feedback that you have provided for us. We value your input as a guest and want you to know that we are committed to rectifying the issues that you experienced while here with us. I apologize for the menu change at the last minute. There are times where our featured item for social can change and we make every attempt to notify our guests when this does occur. I was thrilled to see that you enjoyed the steamed veggies as this is a new item that we have added recently to enhance our social experience.

I also want to apologize for the state of your pull out sofa sheets in your room. Our Housekeeping team works hard to ensure that all sheets are clean, free from stain and we missed the mark in your room. I have shared with our Housekeeping department your comments and we have renewed our efforts with more precision in order to continue creating great stays.

Again thank you for your feedback, we pride ourselves on ensuring that each guests receives memorable and positive service.

If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Ryan Hadlock,

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Recently returned from a 12 night stay at the Residence Inn. Overall was very pleased with the hotel and the staff. The rooms were spacious and clean. The facilities very nice and generally well taken care of. The breakfast every morning was unremarkable but consistent. They served an evening meal 4 nights a week that was ok at best. The sheets, towels, bedding were above average for a hotel but nothing to get excited about. The worst thing I can say is that the toilet paper was especially poor, even by hotel standards. The internet was good during the day but in the evening had a tendency to slow down a lot.

The exercise room was nice with each machine having its own small TV. The water cooler actually contained spring water not tap water like I see at other hotels. The pool, hot tub, outdoor grill area all very nice touches. It had much more of an apartment feel to it than a hotel, except someone made your bed each night. Spoke with one gentlemen who had been staying there for 7 months.

Didn't have a lot of interaction with the staff but what I did was pleasant. Main staff complaint was the length of time it took to complete maintenance requests. My TV remote died one night, 24 hours. A light bulb went out in the bathroom, several days. My entire TV died, 2 days. Only negatives in the whole two weeks I was there.

I did discover an easy way back onto I-10 if you cut throw the Candlewood Suites parking lot and go out by the Waffle House.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank notyours
Reviewed November 7, 2011

There aren't a lot of choices in Beaumont for nice hotel rooms but this one meets my criteria. It's got a full kitchen with stainless appliances and it was roomy enough for us and our 2 toddlers. We put them on a couple of nap mats on the floor in the living room while we had the bedroom and bathroom to ourselves with a door closed in between us.
Even on low you could still hear the TV in the living room so we had to keep it down but overall it was clean and met our needs for the night.
The only bummer is that they won't bring towels to your room and there weren't enough for all 4 of us, we had to trek down to the reception desk for towels.
The breakfast was really nice though, the walk-thru kitchen area for guests was roomy enough for 3 different stations (waffles, eggs and sausage, pastries and milk) and the coffee station was in the main dining area which was also very nice.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank London_Blue_TX
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This is a nice, newer Residence Inn. Good hot food at breakfast, good equipment in exercise room. Safe, clean and quite. Movie theater and several resturant options near by.

Room Tip: I was on the back side that faced an open field an had no outside noise
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed here in August 2011 to conduct business in Port Arthur. The hotel staff was very warm and friendly. I was only here for one night. The room was very large and clean upon arrival. The bed was very comfortable and the room included everything I was looking for for a good night's rest. The breakfast in the morning was plentiful and provided a variety of options. If I am in the area again, I would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business