“The customer service is outstanding!”

Tobe's Motel & Restaurant
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oneida
Tobe's Motel & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Oneida B&B and Inns
Cairns, Australia
“The customer service is outstanding!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

The welcome I received was most pleasant, and full of southern charm and the customer service is outstanding!

My room was large, a little rough around the edges but clean, had strong wifi, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, TV.

This is a motel whichI I prefer over hotels as you can drive up to the room and easily unload your luggage, I paid a bargain price of $50.00

I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank curious24seven

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Tobe's is a very old motel. The room we stayed in had a powder blue bathtub (like from the 1950's). However, it was clean and the staff was extremely nice. It is great place to stay if you aren't looking for a lot of amenities. It is a good place for hunters and ATV riders to stay. They do not open the pool anymore.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank leslieleanne
Ohio
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place is a nightmare! STAY AWAY! Its filthy and disgusting. Curtains dont fit the windows, mold on the walls, dirty carpets, very poor lighting in the parking area. There were no blankets on the beds and when we asked about it they brought more bedspreads. After 10 minutes we decided to leave, the manager refused to give us a refund so we left a few dollars poorer. We should have known it was a rip off when they charged us for the full 2 days up front. We eventually found the Grand Vista, about 15 minutes south on highway 27. It was clean and fresh and the staff was helpful and friendly. When we asked to see a room before signing anything they didnt hesitate to take us. We had a great stay the 2 days we were there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank M S
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed October 7, 2011

After reading the reviews on this site we made a reservation at Tobe's Motel and had planned on staying there 3 nights. $54 a night for 3 people sounded like a bargain. Evidently things have seriously changed since 2009, when most of the other reviews were written. The room they put us in was disgusting! There was an odor in the room like a dirty moldy basement and three of us were getting headaches from the odor within minutes. There was water damage around the door, around the window and the wall next to the sink was water damaged and swollen. The carpets were dirty and there were many dead bugs on the floor. I have never seen such stained pillows, comforters and mattresses. When I went to address the issues with the woman at the front desk she told me the pillows were stained because they were sanitized and washed and she said the room was clean??? She said they could not move us because we had already messed up the room just by going in it. It took me about 30 minutes to convince her that they were going to be giving me my money back and that we were not staying there. I know a good rule of thumb is to check the rooms before checking in and I have learned to not go solely on the reviews on the internet. I will definitely be checking rooms before I ever pay for a motel again. Stay away from Tobe's motel and alway ask to see your room before you check in at any motel. We learned that all Hotels/Motels in that area are a bit expensive for what you get but we were lucky enough to get a really good (night manager's) rate at the Executive South Fork Inn in Whitley City. It meant a bit more driving to get to the TN section of Big South Fork National River and Recreation area but for just $15 more than Tobe's we felt like we hit the jackpot. We had a large clean room with Continental breakfast and comfortable beds. For $7 more than the next closest priced motel that did not offer as much we were very pleased. Our First night in the area we stayed at Cumberland Falls SP and for $44 we got a nice room (without a view) in the lodge but for pulling in at 2 am and leaving by 10 am that is all we needed. Our second night we stayed at the Big South Fork Motor Lodge in Stearns KY $62 for 3 adults. It is a nice clean older motel that the owners have fixed up very nice. The beds were not as comfortable as I would like but each guest gets a home made dessert each night so that is a nice treat. The Owners are super nice folks, too bad they were full the night that we really needed them. Everyone warned us to stay away from the Parkland Motel in Whitley City, evidently there have been a couple meth lab busts and it is not so clean - we did not check it out. We did stop in at the Big South Fork Lodge near the west entrance to the recreation area, nice folks but for $69 I would expect much nicer rooms. Next time we visit we will be bringing the pop-up and camping at Bandy Creek Campground. $22 a night is a bargain for such a nice campground with easy access to everything we want to see.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this Motel, go south 15 miles or go North to Whitley City/Steans KY.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank Joe L
Hendersonville, NC
Reviewed November 13, 2009

My husband and I planned a trip to see The Big South Fork Natl. Park. We wanted a hotel located closest to the park with restaurants nearby as well. We read negative reviews on one of the hotels closeby. One reviewer recommended Tobe's. So, I called to reserve a room. Our room was very simple---wood floors, very dated (1970's ish), but very clean---but no bells and whistles---but a tv and phone! Some of the other rooms were carpeted and looked more updated. The folks who own it and work there are very nice and accomodating. The price was so reasonable as well. I would not recommend it for a honeymoon or a romantic get away----but for people who are looking for clean and good rates, I would recommend it. It really is an old fashioned mom and pops motel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank bcnewton50
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneida
Red Roof Inn Whitley City
Parkland Motel
Parkland Motel
#1 of 1 in Stearns
No photo provided

Been to Tobe's Motel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!