“Great food”

Preston's Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Oneida
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Preston's is the only good sit down restaurant in Scott County. The food is always good and the staff is very friendly. I love, love, love their lasagna!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Travelling down Highway 27 in northern Tennessee passing through a small town of Oneida when we decided to grab a bite. Always willing to try something new we found a local owned place called Preston's Steakhouse. The log cabin looking exterior and cowbky western decor was well done and not over the tip. They have a great combination menu of several types and cuts of steaks, some sandwiches, some pastas, and some shrimp and fish. My wife opted for the 11oz sirloin medium, i had the combo fajitas and our little one had the pepperoni pizza. All of the food was great, the steak truly sized and oerfectly cooked (medium), the fajitas were an ample plate of steak and chicke with a side plate of beans, rice, fresh shredded cheese and fresh lettuce and tomato dices. The service was prompt and friendly. Frezh hot rolls were provided free during the wait. Fantastic, steak with two sides, the aforementioned pizza and fajitas and three waters were only 30.99. Excellent food, value and service. Hard to beat!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I ate here after a day of hiking. Were were pleasantly surprised out how tasty it was. The pork chops were excellent as were the fried pickles. It was very nice and spacious inside. I would think it is probably the best place to eat in town.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

OK, the last review complained about the slow service.
I moved here about a year & half ago for a project and my co-workers almost all warned me about this so I avoided eating here despite the fact that there are NO OTHER places to eat dinner out in Oneida except fast food and a moderately good mexican place.

Finally I went in this past December and was more than pleasantly surprised and have since been eating here about every week and half, or so.
The steaks - I've had all cuts - have always been grilled perfectly-med rare-, are tender and the rub is very tasty. The ribs are also very good - real close to OK/Tex quality, and I've had the Chimi - well, this IS northern Tennesse, so...but no complaints. The pasta is just OK.
Meals are very inexpensive - much less for a ribeye (12 oz for $13) or strip than those national chains on I-40.

They have a very big, fresh, well stocked salad bar ($ 2 extra) and an assortment of good sides - try the BAKED SWEET POTATO !!! WOW
or the apples with the ribs !

The young servers have ALWAYS been prompt, attentive and friendly. ( if you say 'thank you/ for, say, a water refill, they always say "You're welcome" and check on how you're doin') In fact, about a month or so ago, I was in on a Saturday nite and the restaraunt was packed with families after a softball tournament and still got good service so I do not know where the complaints on that issue come from.

The decor is log ranch style with two dining areas and an upstairs loft. The main room has a huge fireplace- it was roaring the day I took the photo.

Lot's of parking in back for RVs and trailers and special spots for bikers by the front door.
Be forewarned that Oneida IS dry, so...
but for a VERY rural town of about 3,000, you can't beat the food at Preston's.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My family has gone to Preston's since as long as I can remember. I love their steaks, but have repeatedly been disapointed with the service from their staff. My family and I went a few weeks ago to have a pleasant night out, but should have gone somewhere else. There were only about 10 other people in the place (3 full tables), but the waitresses spent most of their time complaining about the manager and how much they hated being there. We waited 30 minutes to get refills and even tried to get their attention, but the two waitresses continued to gripe and ignore us. Finally my wife got up and walked over to the kitchen area and started refilling our glasses. As we started to walk toward the door to leave, one of the waitresses had the nerve to stop me and ask if we left her a good tip. I said no and walked out...I should have gone to the manager, but was running late & had to be somewhere else. I must add that this is the first time that I have refused to leave a tip at a sit down restaraunt and I'm not the type to stiff someone. Preston's has always had a problem with keeping staff, but this will probably be my last visit!

5  Thank lowriderman