“Only been once passing through, but it was excellent”

Preston's Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Oneida
Cuisines: American
Lexington, Kentucky
“Only been once passing through, but it was excellent”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I ate here after a day of hiking. Were were pleasantly surprised out how tasty it was. The pork chops were excellent as were the fried pickles. It was very nice and spacious inside. I would think it is probably the best place to eat in town.

• Visited May 2012

tulsa
“Waited too long to visit”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

OK, the last review complained about the slow service.
I moved here about a year & half ago for a project and my co-workers almost all warned me about this so I avoided eating here despite the fact that there are NO OTHER places to eat dinner out in Oneida except fast food and a moderately good mexican place.

Finally I went in this past December and was more than pleasantly surprised and have since been eating here about every week and half, or so.
The steaks - I've had all cuts - have always been grilled perfectly-med rare-, are tender and the rub is very tasty. The ribs are also very good - real close to OK/Tex quality, and I've had the Chimi - well, this IS northern Tennesse, so...but no complaints. The pasta is just OK.
Meals are very inexpensive - much less for a ribeye (12 oz for $13) or strip than those national chains on I-40.

They have a very big, fresh, well stocked salad bar ($ 2 extra) and an assortment of good sides - try the BAKED SWEET POTATO !!! WOW
or the apples with the ribs !

The young servers have ALWAYS been prompt, attentive and friendly. ( if you say 'thank you/ for, say, a water refill, they always say "You're welcome" and check on how you're doin') In fact, about a month or so ago, I was in on a Saturday nite and the restaraunt was packed with families after a softball tournament and still got good service so I do not know where the complaints on that issue come from.

The decor is log ranch style with two dining areas and an upstairs loft. The main room has a huge fireplace- it was roaring the day I took the photo.

Lot's of parking in back for RVs and trailers and special spots for bikers by the front door.
Be forewarned that Oneida IS dry, so...
but for a VERY rural town of about 3,000, you can't beat the food at Preston's.

• Visited April 2012
Oneida, Tennessee
“Good Food, but Terrible Service”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My family has gone to Preston's since as long as I can remember. I love their steaks, but have repeatedly been disapointed with the service from their staff. My family and I went a few weeks ago to have a pleasant night out, but should have gone somewhere else. There were only about 10 other people in the place (3 full tables), but the waitresses spent most of their time complaining about the manager and how much they hated being there. We waited 30 minutes to get refills and even tried to get their attention, but the two waitresses continued to gripe and ignore us. Finally my wife got up and walked over to the kitchen area and started refilling our glasses. As we started to walk toward the door to leave, one of the waitresses had the nerve to stop me and ask if we left her a good tip. I said no and walked out...I should have gone to the manager, but was running late & had to be somewhere else. I must add that this is the first time that I have refused to leave a tip at a sit down restaraunt and I'm not the type to stiff someone. Preston's has always had a problem with keeping staff, but this will probably be my last visit!

• Visited February 2012
5 Thank lowriderman
Houston, Texas
“Fun ambiance, excellent food, great service!”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Four of us visited for lunch and they were out of filets, but hustled and compensated us with the most delicious ribeyes! Waitress had fun personality, potatoes were delicious, salad was soooo good, such a great time that we wound up going back the next night for dinner, and had our filets, which were cooked to perfection and so tasty! Every time we go to Kentucky, we stop off here -- love this place!

• Visited October 2011
Dunnellon, Florida
“Good food always!”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We always visit Preston's steakhouse at least one time while we are in Oneida! Good home cooking food.

Visited August 2011