Review Highlights
Highlight on your trip

We decided to do this tour last minute and it was one of the great attractions on our last trip. I... read more

Reviewed August 20, 2018
Wander173
Piedmont, Canada
First time on an Air boat

Not only was the ride invigorating, but our guide taught us many things about the swamp and it... read more

Reviewed February 20, 2017
jonl816
BRADENTON
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

As a photojournalist I wanted to seek out the best & most talk about airboat rides in the FL Everglades. It was getting late & with a storm brewing most the companies were closing. Me and my work partner knew it was way to late to make Captain Jacks so we went down the line. Each company turned us away except "Tippy's Outpost" paid $40 each $80 total & had a blast.

Now one of the workers on the dock NOT the boat captain was really hinting hard towards a tip. Normally this would leave a bad taste in my mouth especially since I just paid $80 to even go on the boat. However like I said "one of the workers was REALLY HINTING HARD" not the airboat captain. Since this worker had nothing to do with our experience I will leave him out of the review.

The airboat captain took us out on his personal boat. He took us to authentic Indian Village. Saw couple huge elevators and two small ones. I strung my suggesting trying Tippy's Outpost Airboat Rides. They are NOT commercialized like ALL THE OTHERS. It's simple and yet amazing experience. Deff take the family trip for an 8 mile trip. I have no problem giving our captain 5 out of 5 here.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed March 8, 2016

We stopped to get a water before an airboat tour next store. The folks running Tippy's were very friendly and let us each hold one of their baby alligators. That was very cool.

Date of experience: March 2016
1  Thank Dennis A
Reviewed July 23, 2015

We met our guide for our Everglades hike at Tippy's Outpost. It is a convenient place to meet off of Hwy 41. After our hike we stopped there for breakfast. The food is not anything special. My friend had the "Indian burger" which is a cheeseburger inside of fried Indian bread. I had eggs, sausage and toast. (My breakfast was way better than my friend's!) The locals make the place. We met an older couple there that lives in Big Cypress and they entertained us with wild stories of the Everglades. The gentleman cooking was nice and his wife works in the store and she was very sweet. Please note there is no indoor toilet here, but the port-a-potty does have a sink and soap for hand washing, which we appreciated. Good wildlife views from the dock. A nice place to stop for a quick bite, some interesting stories and a taste of the Everglades.

Date of experience: July 2015
1  Thank Gail K
Reviewed May 4, 2015 via mobile

Just took my Chicago family on the airboat tour. The Guide was friendly and knowledgeable. I preferred this company to the larger ones. This is a family owned business and right by the Reservation. This was my 2nd tour with Tippy's, and I plan to go back. When you go, don't wear a hat... you may lose it,... and be prepared to have the wind in your face & hair and .... you will get a bit wet.... but....hay, if you want to experience "Florida" this is it. And you can visit an actual inactive Miccosukee Indian Village that is only accessible by Airboat, and see a nice gator family.... Momma Gator, Poppa Gator who happens to be about 60 years old, and 2 babies, ...less than a foot long. I didn't see Poppa.... but Momma and the 2 babies were out. Save some time to eat while there. Great local Native food, And take some Cash, they have some nice authentic Native Jewrlry & Artifacts (not alot, just a few things) I already know what I'm going back for.
Hope you like the photos.

3  Thank Sharon T
Reviewed April 4, 2015

We stumbled upon Tippy's by accident. We were told by natives to look for a place that had small airboats because they go faster and can go through places the larger ones can't. The other commercial airboat places had packed parking lots and lines of large airboats. We nearly drove past Tippy's, but saw the small airboat and no crowd.

The people at Tippy's couldn't have been nicer. The normal charge is $40 for a 40 minute ride. They gave us half price for the kids. Maximum number of passengers (including the driver) was 8 - perfect for our family of 5. The driver did a super job, showed us a number of things about the Everglades along the way and answered our kids multiple questions.

Back at the outpost the owner showed us all a couple baby alligators the Indian tribe had given to them. They even got to hold a little guy named Carlos. It was an extremely memorable and fun adventure. I would highly recommend it.

Date of experience: April 2015