“Must do experience - pole boat excursion”

Everglades Adventure Tours
Ranked #5 of 16 things to do in Ochopee
More attraction details
Owner description: Everglades Adventure Tours is owned and operated by a 4th generation swamp family.We offer a variety of everglades adventures for all types of travelers.Our tours not only give you insight into the ecology but a true sense of local culture.Our local knowledge of the swamp and the naturalist guides are sure to make your tour of the Glades a memoarable experience.We are the first only company to offer traditional pole boats have been used for centuries by native people here to hunt fish and travel the swamps, they now also offer a quiet way to explore the natural beauty of the florida everglades and experience ecotourism at its best. By providing you with a unique and enjoyable experience, we hope to be the highlight of your vacation while at the same time creating an appreciation and awareness of the importance of preserving our natural resources. All of our tours strive to be as environmentally conscious as possible reaching towards
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bowie, Maryland
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Must do experience - pole boat excursion”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We spent several days visiting the Everglades National Park in April. The highlight of our trip was a 2-hour pole boat excursion. What a wonderfully quiet and peaceful way to see this part of the country. Our tour guide Joe was very interesting and we had a great experience.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Ann D

Arkansas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Worthy of being on my bucket list!”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

It's been on my list to go to the Everglades and take a quiet peak of the swamps on a pole boat tour without disturbing the wildlife or flora. Finally my dream came true and it did not disappoint me at all. Jules Brown was my guide. Although not a native of the area, he has really soaked up the culture of the area. His knowledge of alligators and the history of the area and the dynamics of the environment was in depth and I was spellbound. His love of the area really showed. I couldn't have been more pleased. He also did all of the work and I just sat and enjoyed every minute without having to get my feet wet. My only regret was that I forgot to take my binoculars which I wish I had when we saw the two alligators. Although this company was extremely professional, it really felt like being with friends. It is rare to really see a family owned road-side attraction, but this place has it too. Check out the snakes, birds and the orchids in the back room. I want to take a kayak trip the next time I go down. Now that I have experienced it, I plan to return soon. I've not had another experience like it.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank stampaholic
Bayside, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome canoe and camping experience with friends and gators!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I recently visited and had an absolute blast. We spent a night in the Chickee hut with unbeatable star gazing. For someone like me, who loves being outdoors but can't stand the mosquitoes, the chickee was perfectly screened but still gave an 360 view of the surrounding swap and wildlife: (birds, deer, gators oh my!). Our 2 hour canoe tour through the everglades was another highlight, a must do for someone visiting this area. It was spectacular to see the Everglades up close and personal and Jules, our guide, was very knowledgeable about the plants, animals and history of the area. He also took us through some hidden canals and pathways to show us how wild these glades actually are. So Beautiful and peaceful I could stay out there all day, But don't forget your sunscreen!
We are definitely coming back here, the staff is incredibly nice, one of the guides even let me borrow his sunglasses when I forgot mine at home. There are also great little restaurants in the area and its only about a 20-30 min drive to white sand beaches.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank melanie g
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Lots of potential yet to be tapped”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The pole boat tour offered by Everglade Adventure Tours has a lot of unrealized potential; but does not yet meet expectations. The tour provided a very pleasant guide who could provide only very basic information. A few birds,fish and grasses were pointed out; but nothing in any depth. I do not fault the guide; but the operators, who did not train the guide and provide a plan. He was a very congenial and capable paddler; but at $100 and tip extra, without any information about the what the tourist is seeing, it becames a simple boat ride in a circle. You can see more by walking at the Corkscrew Santuary, for example, where there is lots of written information, lots of widlelife, changing scenery as well as quided tours and you will get lots of value for $12. At this time this tour is very expensive for what little experience you get.

Visited January 2014
8 Thank L Z
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cool, personal guide”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was a fantastic way to get close and personal with the Everglades. Our guide, Tommy Owen, was so knowledgable and full of fun facts. We didn't see a lot of wildlife (although we did see a wood stork flying), but it was still worth the time and money.

Visited January 2014