“raybird257” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Jack's Crossing

Black Jack's Crossing
More attraction details
Owner description: Championship 18-hole golf course featuring four holes on an island in the Rio Grande and an optional par one in Mexico.
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“raybird257”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Mr. Pershing would be proud of what Lanny Watkins has done here! Black Jack is one of the most senic courses I have ever played. Not only is it beautiful but the condition of the course is outstanding with lots of challenges. It is a must before you leave this planet.

Visited December 2012

Dallas, Texas
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Fabulous sunsets overlooking the Rio Grande”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Lajitas Resort's Black Jack's Crossing is an upscale bar with snacks and big city prices. It's worth it. Weekends feature local musicians and vocalists, all good to great. Locals, adventurers, tourists hang out after dinner at the restaurant next door. Super hotel accomodations.

Visited November 2012
Austin, Texas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Incredible course, spectacular views - golfing perfection.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

I'm only able to review the back 9 since we picked a weekend to travel to Lajitas when the greens were being reseeded thus preventing me from being able to play the front 9 holes that snake their way through the mountains. Instead I got to play the 9 nestled along the banks of the Rio Grande and it was a fantastic experience. First off , bring bug spray - I know it might seem obvious, but I forgot which made my first trip round the 9 holes almost unbearable until I made the turn, grabbed the OFF from my car and dosed myself from head to foot - the next 9 holes were played mozzy free. From what I gather, the back 9 was washed away during the floods of 2007, so the holes were rebuilt on higher ground further away from the river, but still within range of a bad slice/hook. The par 3 13th takes you up into the mountains for an elevated tee shot that is only surpassed by the view of Lajitas, the mountains, the river and Mexcio on the 14th. Lush fairways and beautifully manicured greens provided the perfect golf experience. I can not recommend a round of golf at this course highly enough, we'll be back in Lajitas in November and I can't wait to play the entire course. Fantastic staff, wonderful practise facility..and a beautifully maintained course with breathtaking views...golfing perfection.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Lakerat789
Schertz
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Black Jack's Crossing Golf Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I could not believe the views on this course situated in the hills at Lajitas. The fairways, greens and tee boxes were lush and well maintained. The staff were most helpful providing a cart with an ice chest filled with bottled water, towel and tees. Driving range balls were included with green fees. I have played a lot of great golf courses, but this has to be the highlight of them all. What a great golfing experience. Even the clubhouse had a great long horn museum. I'll be back for sure.

Visited April 2012
Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Golf Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2007

We had such a great weekend. Golf course was in great shape, especially considering a recent rise in the Rio Grande! Staff was great friendly and took great care of us. We will definitely go again!

1 Thank Pasqua