“A short hike worth doing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Boquillas Canyon

Boquillas Canyon
More attraction details
Owner description: Borders the eastern edge of Big Bend National Park.
Dallas, Texas, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A short hike worth doing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

A great view from the rim of the Rio Grande river. Some old mining history here and strange holes in the rocks on the trail. Don't buy the trinkets, though.

Visited October 2012

Anchorage, Alaska
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Hot, dusty and Singing Mexican”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I hiked this trail back in August of 2011 so I am almost a year late in this review. This was a bit of a weird trail for a tourist like me from Alaska. It was amazingly hot and I have to say that I wasn't too impressed with the Rio Grande River which was pretty dirty as I hopped into Mexico and back for jollies. My feet got scrubbed very clean that night. Trail-head had some Mexican stuff you can buy, pick, drop money type of deal. Folks from across the border on horsebacks come by to pick it up anything money. In fact there are a lot of folks from across the borders on horsebacks and to be honest, I felt uneasily leaving my rental parked at the trail-head even although there wasn't anything to steal inside. Then you had your "Singing Mexican" who serenade you from across the border. I am not sure if he is there now but he sang out a tune for me and my friend. But his friend with a canoe obviously expects some sort of donation which was firmly refused by me.

Overall, I found the trail relatively physically unremarkable. In that, it not what you may called a "beautiful hike". Outside of the Mexicans entertaining us, it was rather a humdrum hike.

Visited August 2011
Halifax, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Great Access to the Rio Grande”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Another nice walking opportunity for those who can only do short hikes in the park,

Visited March 2012
Oceanside, California, USA
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Unusual Views of the US and Mexico & Immigration”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Border Patrol all around as the Rio Grande border is closed. Saw Boquillas, Mexico and the horses and Mexicans hoping we would walk across the Rio Grande to ride their horses-an illegal activity! The Rio Grande is almost dried up here.

Visited March 2012
Brampton, Ontario
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 203 helpful votes
“Lovely view from the overlook”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

We drove to the Boquillas Canyon overlook. Lovely view of the river. The whole park is breathtaking. It's not a pretty park, but it is beautiful.