“A Reasonable Deal”
Review of Midtown Motel

Midtown Motel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in La Junta
Reviewed September 14, 2009

The midtown is a classic motel and not fancy. Our room was clean, quiet, and simple. Mangement was friendly and responsive to our needs. The rates were reasonable. A good place to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Media_Cowboy

Reviewed October 13, 2008

My Dad and I stayed at the Mid Town Motel on a recent trip to visit Bent's Old Fort.

The motel is on the main road in La Junta, a block off Route 50 and two blocks from the town center. The motel itself is two stories, shaped like an L that surrounds the parking area. The stairs and walkways were in front of the rooms next to the parking area.

Our room was on the first floor. It was spacious and clean, with two double beds and a love seat that folded out into a twin sleeper. We had no use for the twin sleeper, but the double beds were comfortable, a little on the softer side. The room had window overlooking the parking lot. At its bottom was a narrow window that could be opened for air. A separate air conditioning unit was built into the wall. Adjacent rooms are connected by doors.

The bathroom was split; a shower and toilet in one area, a sink and vanity and closet in another. The shower/toilet was older, but very clean.

While clean and comfortable, the motel was not so quiet. Being on the first floor, we heard all the comings and goings- people walking to and from their rooms, cars and motorcycles entering and exiting the parking lot. The people in the next room were also early risers, and not quiet about it. The noise came right through the cinder block wall, or adjoining door, or both.

I don't know that I will have opportunity to stay at the Mid Town Motel again. I would consider it- but would request a second floor end unit, as I think it would be quieter.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Mykal
MidtownMotel, Owner at Midtown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2009

We're sorry that it wasn't as quiet as we would have ideally liked. However, do visit us again and we will be sure to give you an upper floor unit if you want that. The particular room you were in does have the adjoining doors though. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 26, 2008

Loved this motel! It was away from the noisy highway, run by a friendly family, was in good shape and clean order. A vintage motel with classic charm. We ate a hot breakfast at a downtown cafe, a short drive away.

• Stayed: July 2005
Reviewed September 3, 2008

After reading reviews on all the motels in the area I chose this one, and it was the right choice. I stayed there four nights. It was clean, quiet and nicely furnished. with a comfortable bed that did not hurt my back and a nice recliner. As others have said, the family running the motel was very friendly and accomodating. I have stayed at other motels in the area in previous trips, but this was the best experience I had.

It isn't a Marriott or Hilton, but for a small town you can't do better, and the upscale motels/hotels will cost you up to five times as much.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Having stayed at the Holiday Inn Express previously, we read the reviews here and tried the Mid Town Motel (much cheaper) on our last trip down. The owners are extremely nice, accommodating and the motel (while being a bit older) is very clean and well maintained. We enjoyed it and will be returning.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I really wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn Express, but I stayed at the Midtown instead because it was half the cost, and I'm so glad I did. My family and I stayed there 4 nights and I was really impressed. The rooms were very well kept, and the beds were amazingly comfortalbe. I'll pick this place over the H.I. Express every time.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 18, 2008

We went to see Bent's Old Fort National Historic Site and this (the Mid-Town Motel) is where we stayed. We're opting more often for clean, well-maintained refurbished motor courts and this one proved an excellent choice. The pride of ownership is evident and we would stay there again. It's also right near the local police station, so it's definitely secure.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family