“Great Romantic Getaway with my wife”
Review of Midtown Motel

Midtown Motel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in La Junta
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Great Romantic Getaway with my wife”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Family owned great little property. Well maintained, friendly staff. Wife and I went up 4th and 5th of July to see Bent's Fort. She is a history buff and the period costumes, performances were superlative. Well worth the time and trip. Room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Plenty of TV available through Directv. Didn't watch much thought because we were there for each other. I am an HVAC tech by living and the AC was great! Has a remote control to operate it. Nice touch. Recliners were comfortable and conducive to reading. Lamps were well placed. Comfortable bed with clean linens two normal sized firm pillows. Noticed room was heated be baseboard hydronic heat (hot water boiler) which is very comfortable heat in this part of the country, not drafty. Makes for a cozy room. I will bring us back here some time this winter. The room doesn't have some of the amenities that all the luxury places throughout the country has like refrigerator, iron, etc but it does have a hair dryer, microwave, ice machines 2 or 3 I think I saw. Nice tub and shower combo with plenty of hot water, and a sink with a large mirror and space around the sink. There was a radio/clock, two nightstands and a long deep shelf next to the sink for suitcases which also doubled as a place to hang up clothes, The whole layout of the room was very convenient. Boss Hogg Saloon and Copper Kitchen great meals!

Room Tip: Upstairs next to the office convenient to ice, parking and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joegano1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Needing a place to stay one night while on the road, we picked Midtown Motel after reading the reviews. I'm not sure if I stayed in the same motel that was reviewed, but I was really disappointed. Yes, I knew it was "inexpensive" (total $63.50), so wasn't expecting much, and basically that's what I got. We had asked for a king, but after being told there were none available, we chose a queen room. I doubt very much the bed we had could qualify as a queen, however, it was clean - as was the room in general. The problem came when we decided to go to bed. There are bright lights shining at each door on the outside - good for security - bad for sleeping. The "drapes" were very thin, cheap curtains that did nothing to block out the light. It was basically like trying to sleep with the lights on. I know Wal-Mart sells light blocking curtains for about $10 - that's all it would take to make a BIG difference in someone's night sleep. The other issue we had were the electrical outlets. There were 2 outlets in the room, but each only had 1 plug that worked. There was a power strip on the desk with every plug filled, so it was impossible to charge our phones. The other 1 plug in the working outlet was used for the lamp above the bed. During my many awake hours, I had horrible thoughts of the room exploding into flames from the over-used outlets. I would probably rate this even lower, but as said before, it was clean, however, if a good night's sleep is what you're needing, I would recommend another motel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yahoody
Mattoon, Illinois
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here while traveling late and on a budget. As with most small-town motels we were skeptical at first. We arrived late with no reservation. The parking lot was full. The front desk clerk (possibly owner) was prompt, friendly, and check in was quick. This is an older style "highway" motel, but the room was very clean. The bed was firm but good. It is not a plush motel by any means, but if you're looking for a economical place to sleep that's clean and free from worries, this will do. The rate was $55+ tax. There are other chain motels in town for twice as much, but this fit the bill quite well.
We gave this an above average because for a small town place, and compared to others, it was a pleasant surprise. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JnR2
Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed 2 weeks here and the Manager, John went over and above the call of duty to make sure
my stay was accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable and quite and everyone was helpful. I would highly recommend this motel. This was my second year to stay here and service has been great both times.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed with a group of friends and they didnt think this place was that good. I thought it was ok, comfortable bed and standard facilities for a US room. Ive stayed in worse places in the UK where i live. One of the walls in the room was not decorated but other than that it was clean and a decent enough place. All in all its not bad for a one night stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Room was clean and comfortable. Two lounge chairs and ample space in the room. Larger refrigerator than usual was a plus! Helpful staff and good location for seeing the sights of La Junta. (Kiva, City Park, Old Bent's Fort).

Room Tip: Insist on Non-Smoking, closest to office.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aloharitch
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We pulled into town late. This was the first good reviewed hotel that was well priced. The manager was nice a s helpful. The room was clean and the air conditioner worked well (it was a balmy 89 at 10 pm). The beds were comfortable with fluffy pillows. The tv had a new satellite dish. Bathroom was nice, clean and good water pressure. I would go back again. Nice they only charged $1 per child extra.

• Stayed July 2012