“Take your blindfold if you want to sleep!”
Review of Midtown Motel

Midtown Motel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in La Junta
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Needing a place to stay one night while on the road, we picked Midtown Motel after reading the reviews. I'm not sure if I stayed in the same motel that was reviewed, but I was really disappointed. Yes, I knew it was "inexpensive" (total $63.50), so wasn't expecting much, and basically that's what I got. We had asked for a king, but after being told there were none available, we chose a queen room. I doubt very much the bed we had could qualify as a queen, however, it was clean - as was the room in general. The problem came when we decided to go to bed. There are bright lights shining at each door on the outside - good for security - bad for sleeping. The "drapes" were very thin, cheap curtains that did nothing to block out the light. It was basically like trying to sleep with the lights on. I know Wal-Mart sells light blocking curtains for about $10 - that's all it would take to make a BIG difference in someone's night sleep. The other issue we had were the electrical outlets. There were 2 outlets in the room, but each only had 1 plug that worked. There was a power strip on the desk with every plug filled, so it was impossible to charge our phones. The other 1 plug in the working outlet was used for the lamp above the bed. During my many awake hours, I had horrible thoughts of the room exploding into flames from the over-used outlets. I would probably rate this even lower, but as said before, it was clean, however, if a good night's sleep is what you're needing, I would recommend another motel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yahoody
There are newer reviews for Midtown Motel

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed here while traveling late and on a budget. As with most small-town motels we were skeptical at first. We arrived late with no reservation. The parking lot was full. The front desk clerk (possibly owner) was prompt, friendly, and check in was quick. This is an older style "highway" motel, but the room was very clean. The bed was firm but good. It is not a plush motel by any means, but if you're looking for a economical place to sleep that's clean and free from worries, this will do. The rate was $55+ tax. There are other chain motels in town for twice as much, but this fit the bill quite well.
We gave this an above average because for a small town place, and compared to others, it was a pleasant surprise. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JnR2
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed 2 weeks here and the Manager, John went over and above the call of duty to make sure
my stay was accommodating. The room was clean and comfortable and quite and everyone was helpful. I would highly recommend this motel. This was my second year to stay here and service has been great both times.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed with a group of friends and they didnt think this place was that good. I thought it was ok, comfortable bed and standard facilities for a US room. Ive stayed in worse places in the UK where i live. One of the walls in the room was not decorated but other than that it was clean and a decent enough place. All in all its not bad for a one night stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Room was clean and comfortable. Two lounge chairs and ample space in the room. Larger refrigerator than usual was a plus! Helpful staff and good location for seeing the sights of La Junta. (Kiva, City Park, Old Bent's Fort).

Room Tip: Insist on Non-Smoking, closest to office.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aloharitch
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We pulled into town late. This was the first good reviewed hotel that was well priced. The manager was nice a s helpful. The room was clean and the air conditioner worked well (it was a balmy 89 at 10 pm). The beds were comfortable with fluffy pillows. The tv had a new satellite dish. Bathroom was nice, clean and good water pressure. I would go back again. Nice they only charged $1 per child extra.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank SCostello69
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We needed a half dozen nights to support a hospitalized relative. This met that need! Check other prices in the area and try the Midtown Motel. It has a pleasant staff and they were most responsive to our unique needs. Now it is an older facility and not the newest mattress but everything was clean, nice warm shower, and it is an agreeable port in a storm. A newspaper is provided but (as you may expect) breakfast is not.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family